Honor, Huawei’s brand for the “Digital Natives”, announced their latest flagship in China. The Honor 9 is now official in their home country, with a shiny metal and glass body, dual cameras and familiar chipsets…
Here is the full specifications from what we have learnt so far:
- 5.15″ Full HD (1920×1080) LTPS IPS LCD multi-touch capacitative display
- HiSilicon Kirin 960 chipset (Octa-core CPU and Mali G71 GPU)
- EMUI 5.1 OS based on Android 7
- 4GB / 6GB RAM with 64GB storage or 6GB RAM with 128GB storage
- Dual camera (20MP + 12MP) and 8MP selfie camera
- WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, Infra-red
- Front mounted multi-use fingerprint scanner
- Colours: Amber Gold, Seagull Grey, Charm Sea Blue
This was a China-only announcement, and we have heard that invites are going out for the Honor 9 European launch which is apparently going to happen later this month. There is no confirmation of which specifications the European SKUs of the Honor 9 will have, but we will keep you updated here on Coolsmartphone.com.
If last year’s product releases are anyhting to go by, the Honor 9 will follow the Huawei P10 product very closely, bringing much shininess to the market with lots of refracting glass and funky colours. From the looks of the spec sheet the camera also looks very similar and we have been extremely impressed with the P10’s one.
We really liked what Honor had done with the Honor 8 and look forward to seeing how they have improved with the Honor 9.
We’ll be discussing this announcement on the Coolsmartphone Podcast this evening too, so keep your ears peeled for our opinionists speakinig of Honor, or as Google Translate like to call it: Glory.