During the night the Cyanogenmod team have posted an update for the HP TouchPad. This takes the ROM to Alpha 3 now. By the sounds of it they have fixed most of the problems to do with standby and wifi. Hopefully this will give them a nice solid to start building the Ice Cream Sandwich port for the TouchPad. Here is the changelog for the ROM.
(AKA things we hope we fixed)
* Last prominent form of “sleep of death” fixed
* Webkit backing store(smoother scrolling)
* Minor improvements to 2D/3D performance in some apps
* Bluetooth DPad/arrows do not rotate with screen
* Battery stats now available to Android
* Serial# now populated
* Shorter hostname as a result of serial#
* General wifi fixes
* Preliminary Touchpad 4G support(no radio)
* Status bar should take less resources after an app goes full screen
* Possible fix for A2DP and wifi interference
* Possible fix for SD card not mounting
* Camera FPS improved but still nearly nonfunctional
I have yet to install this. Mainly as I have seventeen minutes in which to finish typing this. No doubt flashing the new ROM will break everything and I will have to totally start webOS and Android from scratch, so it’s definitely a weekend thing. So far I am certainly impressed with the work these guys have been doing on the TouchPad. But I now view my TouchPad as a means to make some money to put towards new things. I guess the TouchPad will one day be an amazing device, but at the moment there are too many issues with it. I basically use it for games and not much else.
So who here still has a TouchPad? How has your flashing experience gone so far? Are you still running webOS as your sole OS? Do you really not care about the TouchPad any more?
As a last thing you may want the link to go and get the files need and they are here at ROOTZWIKI
Source – Land of Droid