The people from WinZip contacted me. I figured I’d listen because I’ve pretty much used their software for absolutely ages, so I owe them. Anyhoo, they’ve now announced a new iOS app which costs a mere £1.49 (provided you buy it either today or tomorrow).
There’s now support for those competing cloud services – OneDrive (that’s the new name for SkyDrive by the way) and Google Drive. You can share files easily from your iPhone or iPad and you can even add on extra security by encrypting the files before you send them out.
The app will also let you connect to Dropbox and there’s an enhanced image viewer so that you can browse your photo album and multi-select.
Read on for the whole press release business, or head over to iTunes to get the app.
WinZip® for iOS Now Supports Google Drive and OneDrive: Zip, Unzip, Encrypt and Safely Share Files
Connects to Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive, making it easy to share files and keep information private on iPhone and iPad. Special limited-time promotion.
MANSFIELD, CONNECTICUT – (June 30, 2014) – WinZip today announces an update to WinZip® for iOS that offers new support for Google Drive and OneDrive and has been redesigned to make it easier than ever to navigate, zip, protect and share files. Available for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, the new WinZip for iOS is free to current paid users and can be purchased now from the Apple App Store. Until July 2, 2014, get WinZip for iOS for only £1.49: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/
With the power of WinZip compression and encryption under the hood, WinZip for iOS offers direct integration with Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive, along with support for AirDrop. WinZip for iOS gives iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users safe and simple file sharing on their favorite device.
- Connect directly to your Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive accounts to zip, unzip and share files. Zip your cloud storage files, unzip files to your accounts, and create and save .zip and .zipx files to your accounts
- Send or copy links to your files in your cloud storage accounts
- Copy files from your cloud storage accounts and save them on your device
- Use WinZip to access music files on your device and save them to your cloud accounts
- Send files to other iOS users with integrated support for AirDrop
- Protect your files before you save and share with 128- or 256-bit AES encryption
- Choose .zip or .zipx to compress and email large files, photos and videos with ease. When sharing files from your Camera Roll, WinZip now offers .zipx by default to create smaller compressed files
- Easily view all images in a Zip file with the enhanced image viewer. Browse your Photo Album and multi-select, zip and share photo collections
- Unzip major compressed file types, including .zip, .zipx, .rar and .7z with just a tap
- Open and save email attachments to your connected cloud storage accounts or a My Documents folder on your iPhone or iPad
- Share photos in your Zip files to Facebook and Twitter
- Unzip and view most common file types including: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, .pages (including new iWork 13), .numbers (including new iWork 13), .key, .rtf, .pdf, .jpg, .png, .bmp, .gif, .tif, and more
“Phones and tablets are the devices we depend on to stay connected. With our new iOS app, we’re helping you be productive anywhere by connecting to your cloud accounts, making it easy to share and protect files. Whether you’re using Wi-Fi or your data plan, WinZip’s zip and encryption give you smaller files that are faster and safer to send and take up less room on your device. And when privacy is a concern, we’re making it easy to take charge of your security by protecting your files with extra encryption before you entrust them to your cloud accounts,” said Patrick Nichols, president of WinZip.
Until July 2, 2014, WinZip for iOS is available as a special promotion for only $1.99 (USD & CAD)/ $2.49(AUD)/ £1.49/ €1,79. Regular pricing is $4.99 (USD & CAD)/$6.49 (AUD)/ £2.99/ €4.49. Download it today from the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/
WinZip has also introduced an update to the free version of WinZip for iOS that enables users to quickly open and view Zip files and common formats. The free WinZip app is also available on the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/