Want to know more about the Ice Cream Sandwich update for the Galaxy S2? A powerpoint slide, which has been converted to a PDF here, gives info on what to expect if you’ve not upgraded yours already. It’s not just the UI that’s changed, there’s stacks more, so dive in.
If you’re already the proud owner of a Galaxy S2, then congratulations – you’re in possession of one of the premier mobile devices available today. This is the one that is ushering in the new era of smartphones, and we predict that life will never be the same now that the S2 has arrived.
What’s in the phone?
This super-slimline mobile has some fabulous features, including a camera with eight mega pixels, 1GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. More storage can be added via the microSD card slot inside the battery compartment. Most exciting of all is the update to the TouchWiz user interface, which provides a seamless and intuitive touchscreen experience. The TouchWiz 4.0 incorporates more gesture-based interactions, allowing users to scroll by moving the phone from side to side or zoom in and out by tilting the handset. If you prefer to keep swiping, then never fear because this option is still available. Additionally, you now have the option to increase your phones network connectivity with a 4G signal booster.
Android gets a much-needed facelift
The S2 was released with the OS Android 2.3 Gingerbread, and this latest update to 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich brings in some features of design and usability that bring Android up to the standard of other operating systems. The designers wanted more consistency in the feel and appearance of the OS, and what they have created is simple, attractive and functional.
How mobile casinos work on the Galaxy S2
When we tested the Galaxy S2 running Ice Cream Sandwich, we wanted to see how the browser worked in conjunction with the touchscreen, as well as trying out some apps. We chose to visit a new mobile casino, as these sites utilise the very latest tech both in their apps and in their instant-access sites. If you need to know exactly the functionality and responsiveness of a mobile device running a particular OS, new mobile casinos are the perfect choice.
What we found confirmed that the S2 running the new OS provides a truly superior experience. The responsive, high-resolution touchscreen is perfect for playing games, and as mobile casino sites continue to make ever-more realistic digital games we predict that mobiles will become the preferred way to access these sites going forward. If you want to find a safe and reliable place to play, visit a trusted site like https://newcasinouk.com/mobile-casino and choose from one of their recommendations.
Ice Cream Sandwich: main features
Here’s a roundup of our favourite new features brought in with Ice Cream Sandwich:
- Face recognition unlock. After an easy setup, you can unlock your phone by simply looking at it. Nice and convenient, backed up by the pin unlock if there isn’t enough ambient light for the front camera to recognise you.
- Multitasking. Here’s where Android 4.0 has overtaken the iOS in convenience and ease of use. The Recent Apps function allows you to easily scroll through a list of open apps, swiping away the ones that you wish to close.
- Improved camera app. We love the new camera app, which makes it really easy to create panoramic images. There is also an extended editing suite so that you can tinker with your snaps and add filters and effects.
- Integrated calendar. Allow all your apps to add events to your calendar automatically, making it easier than ever to stay organised.
- The People app. As we all have ever-more accounts with social networking, the People app allows you to organise your contacts so that all their various details are in one place. As well as phone numbers and email addresses, the app connects to social network sites and makes keeping in touch easier than ever.
- Easy to manage notifications. Android has always been ahead of the game with how it manages notifications, so it’s no wonder that they have further improved this aspect with the new update. Now managing them is even more convenient, as you can dismiss them individually rather than all at once.
Of course, there’s much more to love about the Galaxy S2 and the Ice Cream Sandwich update, but we hope that we’ve given you a taste of what to expect. We predict that this new OS will be the one that creates a new generation of Android converts.