Today we were sent a press release to say that the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 will be on sale today with a note on it saying that it will be on sale tomorrow (06.02.14)!
Panic not, then, if you’re after a gigantic Samsung Tablet and you forgot to pre-order it last week. All you need to do is get yourself down to your local Carphone Warehouse, John Lewis, or the Samsung Experience Store at Westfield Stratford City.
If you’re not familiar with the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 take a look at the specs below. And no, that’s not a typo, the screen really is 12.2-inches, and yes it really does weigh three-quarters of a kilo!
It’s not just the size that’s impressive though: an 8-core processor (in the non-LTE variants), 3GB RAM, 32GB or 64GB internal storage with a microSD card slot make this one of the most powerful tablets on the market. It really is a beast in all respects, including the price – £649 is a real wallet crippler, but if you’re still interested you can find out more at the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro web page.
- Processor – WiFi and 3G: Exynos 5 Octa (1.9 GHz QuadCore ＋ 1.3 GHz Quadcore), LTE : Snapdragon 800 2.3GHz Quad
- Display – 12.2-inch WQXGA (2560 X 1600) Super clear LCD
- OS – Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Camera / Flash – Main(Rear): 8 Megapixel, Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash, Zero Shutter lag, – Sub(Front): 2 Megapixel
- 3.5mm Ear Jack, Stereo Speaker
- S Pen
- Optimized Features
- – S Pen Experience
- – S Note(Easy Chart), S Planner
- – Air Command: Action Memo, Scrapbook, Screen Write, S Finder, Pen Window
- – Direct Pen Input
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac MIMO (2.4 & 5 GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, AllShareCast, BT4.0, USB3.0, GPS, GPS ＋ GLONASS
- Sensor – Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Geo-magnetic, RGB
- Memory – 3GB RAM, 32/64GB Internal Memory
- microSD (Up to 64GB)
- Dimension / Weight – 295.6 x 204 x 7.95mm, 750g (WiFi version), 753g (3G/LTE version)
- Battery – 9,500mAh
UPDATE: The Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 will be available in store from tomorrow (06.02.14)
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTEPRO AVAILABLE TO BUY IN THE UK FROM TODAY
Samsung TabPro 12.2, 10.1 and 8.4-inch devices to follow later this quarter
5th February, 2014, London, UK – Samsung announced that from today, customers in the UK can now buy the Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 from selected retailers including Carphone Warehouse and John Lewis, as well as the Samsung Experience Store at Westfield Stratford City. The Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 is the first device from Samsung’s new PRO tablet range to hit stores.
Featuring the world’s first 12.2-inch WQXGA widescreen (16:10) display, the Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 has a defined screen and crystal-clear display making it the perfect device whether you want to create or consume content. Redefining Samsung’s tablet offering, the Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 comes in a sleek and stylish design and boasts a great performance thanks to a super-fast processor.
The Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 even allows you to manage your personal and professional life from the same device. Multi Window lets you split the screen into four different windows and drag and edit content with Samsung’s unique S Pen. Plus, thanks to Samsung’s Remote PC feature, it is also easy for you to access and manage your home or office PC from a remote location.
Simon Stanford, Vice President of IT & Mobile Division, Samsung Electronics UK & Ireland said: “We’re excited to bring the Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 to market and set a new standard of excellence for the tablet category. The Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 comes complete with a premium design, world class viewing experience and unique features, making it a must-have device.”
For further information about the Galaxy NotePRO, visit: http://www.samsung.com/uk/Galaxy-Note-Pro-12.2/ or go to www.samsungmobilepress.com for multimedia content and additional information.