At the recent Unpacked 2013 event Samsung announced that the Galaxy S4 would be getting an update to Android Jelly Bean 4.3 in October and it has now started to roll-out around the world.
Whilst Samsung don’t release an official changelog for their updates users who have been lucky enough to get it already have identified the following changes:
- TRIM support (makes device faster)
- ANT+ support
- Samsung Wallet pre-loaded
- Improved display management (makes screen sharper)
- Improvements to TouchWiz (less lag)
- New browser and keyboard
- Reading mode (changes display in certain apps so more comfortable for reading)
- Improved camera firmware
Keep an eye out on Kies and your OTA notifications for your update in the next few days/weeks.