We were asked to review the Studio19 London’s SOLO 500X-EQ Bluetooth Speaker, which we covered its release back in February this year. Studio19 successfully crowdfunded the new speaker using the IndieGoGo platform. We have used the Primordial Radio application to test the speaker and we talk about their platform at the same time.
SOLO 500X-EQ Features
- BT Connectivity options for versatile play with TWS support (True Wireless Stereo – connect 2 Solo’s together automatically for dedicated Left/Right stereo channels)
- HDMI – Connect to your TV for an enhanced sound bar experience
- Active 3-band Graphic EQ to tailor your sound
- Enhanced 360° Optimised Sound for omnidirectional audio
- Advanced DSP for a full dynamic range
- Dual Pressure Air Compression Technology for a super bass experience
- Movie/Music/Gaming modes to optimise for your sound source
- Available in Space Grey & Gold
So, who are Primordial Radio? We used their application for a good reason, the station has been set up for the rock and metal community using a subscription service just like Spotify but with no adverts or constant selling of other people’s merchandise. Last year, they successfully crowdfunded the station using Seedrs to make the station happen. The directors came from the ashes of Teamrock radio, which didn’t survive the DAB to Internet Radio change in 2016.
The other interesting element of the station is that they regularly broadcast on the road using mobile phones to present their shows which is heavily dependant on the 4G signal. There is no massive radio centre, as the studios are set up all around the UK from wherever they want to broadcast from. We hope to interview the guys at Primordial Radio soon to find out more about their technology to make the station possible.
You can sign up for one month free trial of the station normally, but if you use this exclusive link, you get THREE MONTHS free!