We came to have a look at MyKronoz last year and they have a wide variety of wearables again this year. This one is brand new, and combines a digital screen with old-school analogue hands. The result is the ZeTime, which has a 30 day battery life, heart rate monitoring, activity tracking, smartphone notifications and different watch faces to choose from.
Get informed via the MyKronoz website as to when this one will be available, although I should just point out that the headline 30 day battery life is for the mechanical hands only. MyKronoz tell us that the presence of these hands means that you don’t need to keep wasting the battery by illuminating the digital screen just to see the time. The hands will auto-update with the appropriate time for your location though, but as for the touchscreen battery life, you’re looking at “up to” 3 days with “normal” usage. Whatever “normal” is. Either way it’s a 200mAh unit.
The specs include Bluetooth LE 4.1 and it’ll be available in silver, black and pink gold.
There’ll be silicon, leather, carbon-fibre and other straps available. You can navigate either by using the screen or the “smart crown”. This will let you read Twitter / Facebook updates, check weather, see incoming calls and control music or make your phone ring if you’ve lost it.
Up close, you can see that a small hole has been cut into the 240×240 1.22″ TFT colour display. It’ll be available from September for $199.90, so expect to see it costing that much in pounds even though it translates to £162.96. You can go swimming or diving in it as the watch is water proof up to 30 meters deep.
Get more details on the MyKronoz website or on the full press release below.
MyKronoz Introduces ZeTime
WORLD’S FIRST HYBRID SMARTWATCH
WITH TRADITIONAL HANDS OVER A FULL ROUND COLOR TOUCHSCREEN
Geneva, Switzerland – Ahead of Mobile World Congress 2017, Swiss wearable brand MyKronoz today announced ZeTime, the world’s first hybrid smartwatch combining mechanical hands over a full round color touchscreen. Using groundbreaking technology to enable a hole to be cut in the center of a round TFT color display allowing watch hands to pass through, ZeTime blends the classic design of a traditional timepiece with the most advanced features of a smartwatch.
Designed to be worn all day, every day, ZeTime allows users to see the time even when the smartwatch screen is powered off, thanks to ‘Smart Movement’ technology that enables the mechanical hands to function for up to 30 days with a single charge.
“When I started in early 2013, people thought that I was mad – why would I start a smartwatch company in Switzerland and enter such a challenging market? It turns out that my vision and passion have paid off as our company has sold nearly two million smartwatches since then,” said Boris Brault, CEO and founder of MyKronoz. “This disruptive mentality goes beyond the company’s mission to provide ‘smartwatches for everyone’ by striving to become an industry leader on price point, wide range, and fashionable design.”
“My inspiration has been to combine the best of our Swiss heritage in traditional watchmaking, with the key features of a smartwatch to persuade the majority of consumers to adopt our wearable technology. This has been accomplished with ZeTime, the perfect hybrid smartwatch. It combines the best of both worlds: watch hands of an elegant traditional timepiece with a full color touchscreen that instantly shows incoming calls, smartphone notifications, real-time fitness activity, upcoming calendar events, daily reminders and much more, right from your wrist.”
A classic take on wearable technology, ZeTime has a sleek stainless steel watch case inspired by the finest Swiss design, along with a variety of interchangeable digital watch faces and straps created to fit every style. ZeTime is set for action with a 3-axis accelerometer and an optical heart-rate sensor to track activity and sleep. With water proof performance of ATM3 (up to 30 meters’ depth), ZeTime provides the quality and versatility expected from traditional high-end timepieces, at a much lower price. ZeTime will be available by early September 2017 from $199.90.
ZETIME: BREAKING TECH BARRIERS TO BE AN ELEGANT DAILY COMPANION
• Always-on: with its traditional mechanical watch hands, powered by a smart movement, ZeTime will automatically update the time according to the location and will work up to 30 days on a single charge
• Stylish & practical: the 44mm stainless steel watch case and chrome mechanical hands have customizable and interchangeable watch faces and straps available in different styles including silicon, genuine leather, carbon-fiber and more. ZeTime is also waterproof to 30m (ATM3)
• Activity & sleep tracker: equipped with a 3-axis accelerometer and optical heart-rate sensor, ZeTime can track activity by monitoring heart-rate, steps, distance, calories, active minutes and sleep. ZeTime will also alert users to extended periods of inactivity to encourage them to be more active
• User-friendly: ZeTime can be controlled both by touching the full round high resolution display or by using the physical smart crown to navigate between different functions easily
• Never miss a thing: users can view incoming calls, read social networking notifications, check weather forecasts and get calendar reminders at a glance on the full round high resolution color display
• Keep control: ZeTime allows users to control their phone’s functions right from their wrist, such as playing music, take a photo or make their phone ring to easily find it