Last year BlackBerry went back to their roots. Updating and modernising a classic, the BlackBerry Classic took the best bits of the Bold 9900 and mixed it with their modern OS. Well now it’s available in white, for all those discerning die hard BlackBerry users who just have to have a white phone.
Ron Louks, the President, of Devices and Emerging Solutions at BlackBerry, was predictably enthusiastic about the Classic in white, saying:
The introduction of the BlackBerry Classic in white offers yet another color choice to users who desire a stylish smartphone, yet understand the need for a mobile business tool that keeps them productive and securely manages their information.
– 2515 mAh battery (Up to 22 hours battery life).
– 3.5” touch display.
– BlackBerry 10.3 Browser.
– 8MP rear camera / 2MP front facing camera.
– Support for Android apps and games from Amazon app store.
– 16GB memory.
– Network bands: FD-LTE: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20. HSPA: 1, 2, 5/6, 8. Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz).
– NOTE: This device requires a nano SIM card.
The Classic in white is available here at the BlackBerry Store for £319.99.
BlackBerry Classic in white now available in the UK
New Color Offers Greater Choice to Productive Mobile Professionals Looking for a Familiar QWERTY Design Merged with the Security and Speed of BlackBerry 10
London, UK – BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB), a global leader in mobile communications, today announced the availability of the white color version of the BlackBerry® Classic™ smartphone in the UK. The no-nonsense smartphone is built to meet the needs of productive people who appreciate the speed and accuracy that can be found with a physical QWERTY keyboard. The white colored BlackBerry Classic is available today at ShopBlackBerry.com,Mobile Phones Direct and Clover Technology and will be available from Amazon.com in the next few days.
Ron Louks, President, Devices and Emerging Solutions at BlackBerry, said: “The introduction of the BlackBerry Classic in white offers yet another color choice to users who desire a stylish smartphone, yet understand the need for a mobile business tool that keeps them productive and securely manages their information.”
Unveiled in December 2014, BlackBerry Classicupgrades the BlackBerry® Bold 9900 experience with:
· Three times faster browser
· 60 percent more screen space
· 50 percent longer battery life
· Greater variety of applications through BlackBerry® World® storefront and the Amazon Appstore
Top features of the BlackBerry Classic that drive productivity, communications and collaboration include:
· BlackBerry® Keyboard & Trackpad – The QWERTY keyboard has stood the test of time as the iconic BlackBerry feature that users know and trust. Crafted for optimal speed and accuracy, the BlackBerry Classic’s QWERTY keyboard gives users the control and confidence to communicate quickly and clearly using one hand with a trackpad and classic navigation keys.
· BlackBerry® Browser – The BlackBerry 10 web browser is amazingly fast and astoundingly beautiful. That’s why HTML5TEST.com rates it amongst the top mobile browsers for web fidelity.* Access your favorite online content as it was meant to be seen, faster than ever before and with unlimited browser tabs.
· Screen & Battery – The BlackBerry Classic offers a form factor optimized for power communicators with a 3.5-inch touch screen display, 294 dpi HD resolution and Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 for greater durability. The BlackBerry Classic also offers a large battery capacity and state-of-the-art battery optimization software. With up to 22 hours of battery power, you can be confident that BlackBerry Classic will be ready to deliver results when you need it.**
· Premium Design, Built to Last – The BlackBerry Classic is purpose built and built to last – from the outer frame which is cut from a solid block of stainless steel, to the textured back for better grip. The BlackBerry Classic also includes premium components, including a 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB of device storage (expandable by up to 128GB via uSD), and a 2MP front- and 8MP rear-facing camera with enhanced optics and upgraded imaging sensors.
· BlackBerry® 10 OS 10.3.1 – The BlackBerry Classic comes preloaded with the BlackBerry 10.3.1 operating system, offering a fresh look that incorporates updated icons and an instant action bar so that each user’s most commonly accessed functions are in the center of their screen. With this new operating system, users gain access to powerful features, including:
o BlackBerry® Blend – BlackBerry Blend brings messaging and content that is on your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer and tablet. Get instant message notifications, read and respond to your work and personal email, BBM™ and text messages, and access your documents, calendar, contacts and media in real time on whatever device you are on, powered by your BlackBerry.
o BlackBerry® Assistant – The BlackBerry Assistant is BlackBerry’s first digital assistant and can be used with voice and text commands to help users manage work and personal email, contacts, calendar and other native BlackBerry 10 applications. It’s the only smartphone assistant on the market today that can access both personal and work content in your work perimeter. BlackBerry Assistant intelligently determines how to respond to you based on how you interact with it – if you type, it responds silently, if you speak, it speaks back and if you activate over Bluetooth, it speaks back with additional context because it assumes you might not have access to the screen.
o Dual app storefronts preloaded for access to a huge selection of apps for work and play:
§ BlackBerry World – BlackBerry World offers essential business and productivity apps for professionals looking to drive efficient communications and collaboration including Box, Evernote, Cisco WebEx Meetings and Documents to Go.
§ Amazon Appstore – Preloaded on BlackBerry Classic, discover and download popular Android apps and games through the Amazon Appstore including Candy Crush Saga, Pinterest,SoundCloud, Kindle and Amazon Shopping.
o BlackBerry® Hub – The one place to manage all your conversations – email, texts, BBM, phone calls, social media and more. You can even glance at what’s next in your calendar. It’s always available with a single swipe to help you stay organized, in control and on top of all your conversations.
BlackBerry Classic is built on BlackBerry’s renowned secure operating system, with built-in protection against viruses, tampering and data leaks. The BlackBerry Classic is private by default, protecting users with encrypted email, web browsing and BBM.