A 5″ 480×854 pixel (196 ppi) screen, quad-core 1.3GHz CPU, 1GB RAM and 8 megapixel camera with flash. Sound interesting? What about if I mention that it’s just £79.99 with £10 airtime included. How’s about that?
The new ZTE Blade L3 has arrived in the UK today. There’s 8GB of storage on board, but you can boost that with a microSD slot for another 32GB. Other specs include WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth 3.0, a 2000mAh battery and it runs Android 5.0.
The phone is available now on Virgin Media and also features a front-facing 2 megapixel selfie camera.
Head over to the Virgin Media website for more information or dive down below for the press release.
ZTE and Virgin Media launch the ZTE Blade L3
Product to offer UK consumers a 5-inch display, 8MP camera and 8GB memory from £79.99
April 2015, London, UK – ZTE and Virgin Media today introduced the ZTE Blade L3 to the UK market. Available to purchase online and in store from April, the product will be sold exclusively through Virgin Media from £79.99, including £10 airtime.
Now available in Europe, the ZTE Blade L3 has been designed to offer UK consumers a flawless smartphone performance at an affordable price. Featuring a powerful quad-core 1.3GHz chipset, 1GB RAM and up to 8GB of memory the device is perfect for today’s app addicts. As well as featuring popular cloud-based business services such as Evernote and DropBox for download, the device comes pre-embedded with apps for both Facebook and Twitter so users can instantly connect to their social circuit.
The ZTE Blade L3 is packed with pre-embedded functionalities to speed up performance and improve the user experience, with additional features available to UK users including:
- 5.0 inch screen design – for excellent browsing and content viewing
- An interchangeable ‘Menu’ and ’Back’ function key – adjustable to fit with users’ personal preferences
- A Quad Core and 1.3GHz Chipset – to improve performance and allow users to take advantage of the fastest possible network in the area
- An 8MP camera – with auto-focus, flash and panoramic shooting mode for all your photographic needs
Perfect for both personal and business use the Blade L3 offers the most competitive price point in the highly successful ZTE Blade series.
Of the latest announcement Mr. Ao Wen, General Manager of ZTE Europe Mobile Devices said: “We are delighted Virgin Media will be carrying the Blade L3 in the UK – offering British consumers a device with high end competitive features at an unbeatable price point. Part of our mission at ZTE is to make feature-rich handsets and cutting-edge technology accessible to all – regardless of budget – and this handset marks another step towards this.”
Annie Brooks, Director of Mobile, Virgin Media added “We have carried devices for ZTE in the UK for some three years now – from the Blade L2 to the Blade Q Mini and the best-selling prepay smartphone Kis – and continue to see keen demand for its handsets.”
He continued: “The ZTE Blade L3 is a welcome addition to the portfolio; feature-rich and packed with technology to improve speed and performance, UK customers will be lining up to snap up this product.”
Key specifications of the ZTE Blade L3
- Dimensions: 143.2mm x 72.7mm x 8.8mm
- Battery Capacity: 2000mAh
- Memory: 1GB LPDDR2 + 8GB eMMC
- Chipset: Quad Core and 1.3GHz Chipset
- Display: 5.0inch, FWVGA, TN 16M colour
- Camera: 8M AF (interpolated) with Flash (Back) + 2M (Front)
- OS: Android 5.0
- Platform: MT6582M
- Wireless communications standards: WIFI 802.11b/g/n, mobile hotspot, GPS, Bluetooth 3.0 LE
- For full spec details please visit: http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/pay-as-you-go-phones.html
ZTE is the 4th largest smartphone manufacturer in the world according to data from research company Strategy Analytics.