EE have today announced popular entertainment service NOW TV is coming to it’s EE TV box here in the UK.
NOW TV allows customers to subscribe to a range of packs containing either entertainment, sports or movies so you get the most suited content for your viewing.
The Entertainment pack will cost £6.99 a month, Movies will cost you a bit more at £9.99 a month with the final Sports pack costing £10.99 a month.
This service is available from today if you have an EE TV box, if not you can always join by visiting EE online or going to a store.
Below is the press release sent out by EE this morning with more information.
NOW TV AVAILABLE ON THE EE TV SMART BOX
- EE TV customers will shortly be able to access the NOW TV app via their EE TV smart box, offering the best Sky content live and on demand
- The NOW TV app will complement the existing EE TV channels with a wealth of the latest movies, exclusive live sports and must see TV shows
- The NOW TV app will be available to EE TV customers from 12th March 2015
11th March 2015 – EE, the UK’s most advanced digital communications company, today announced that online TV streaming service NOW TV, will be available for EE TV customers to access via their smart box from 12th March. The move further enhances the viewing options available to EE TV customers which already includes Freeview with more than 70 channels, as well as 13 in HD, and 18 on demand apps, with further partners confirmed to join the service in the coming months.
NOW TV gives users access to the best in movies, sports and entertainment from Sky. Customers can purchase a monthly pass to watch entertainment or movies, or buy a daily or weekly pass to enjoy sport without a contract.
- Entertainment Month Pass (£6.99) – a month’s access to over 250 box sets (such as Mad Men, Moone Boy and Downton Abbey) and 13 additional pay TV channels including Sky Atlantic, Sky 1, Sky Living and MTV. Catch the latest must see TV such as Critical (Sky 1) Fortitude (Sky Atlantic), and I Live With Models (Comedy Central).
- Sky Sports Day Pass (£6.99) and Sky Sports Week Pass (£10.99) – the biggest matches and events live on all 7 Sky Sports channels, including the ICC Cricket World Cup, US Open Golf and Barclays Premier League Football.
- Sky Movies Month Pass (£9.99) – a month’s access to over 1000 movies on demand with up to 16 premiere movies a month, and 11 Sky Movies channels. Disney’s ‘Frozen’ and ‘Maleficent’, Oscar-winning ‘The Grand Budapest Hotel’ and Marvel’s ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ are already available with the likes of ‘How to Train Your Dragon 2’ and ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ due out this month.
The NOW TV app joins a great range of existing content available on EE TV which is continually being added to and includes Freeview with more than 70 channels, as well as 13 in HD as well as Catch Up and On Demand services like BBC iPlayer, Demand 5 and Wuaki.tv. Major apps including MUZU, Box +, YouTube, BBC Sport, BBC News and The Weather Network are also available.
Pippa Dunn, Chief Marketing Officer, EE TV, said:
“We’ve developed the EE TV service so that exciting new content and services can be regularly added to enhance our customers home TV viewing experiences. The NOW TV app is a great addition to our current content line up – providing customers with opportunities to watch some of the world’s most popular TV series, live sports action and international movie blockbusters.“
Gidon Katz, Director of NOW TV commented:
“With Game of Thrones, the world’s most talked about show available to watch from the very beginning, there couldn’t be a better time for EE TV customers to enjoy NOW TV. Whether you’re a film fan and want access to Sky Movies or want to watch the biggest games on Sky Sports, its great news for TV fans as NOW TV offers something for everyone.”
The EE TV smart box is free for new and existing EE mobile customers who also subscribe to EE Broadband plans of £9.95 a month or above.
Consumers interested in the service can register at www.ee.co.uk/EETV and for more information.
For more information about NOW TV, please visit www.nowtv.com