It’s here my very own brand new Nexus 9 32gb Wifi. I have been looking forward to this day for a wee while as I loved my Nexus 7 (2013) edition and it was in desperate need of a successor. I have been reviewing a lot of tablets recently but this is the one I have really high hopes for. I have so far been a bit disappointed by the recent launches, maybe I have high standards though. So here we go let’s move onto the unboxing, first up here are the specs.
- Display: 8.9 inch.
- IPS LCD,1536 x 2048 pixels, 281 ppi, Gorilla Glass 3.
- Processor: Nvidia Terra K1 CPU Dual-core 2.3 GHz 64bit.
- Internal Memory: 16/32 GB (I bought the 32gb).
- RAM: 2 GB.
- Stereo speakers with Equalisers.
- Bluetooth v4.01.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 6700 mAh.
- GPS with A-GPS.
- Rear Camera: 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus LED flash.
- Front Camera: 1.6 MP, 720p.
- Android 5.0.
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac.
- Dimensions: 228.2 x 153.7 x 7.9 mm.
- Weight: 425g.
Now onto the unboxing video and what we are looking forward to more than anything.
So as you can see we have a device that share the high standards that we come to expect from HTC merged in with the design language from Google. I really like the way the device feels on the hand and it is going to be a joy to use.
Stay tuned for more info as I get to grips with the new OS and have used it for a few days. We may have a winner in my quest for the best tablet for me. Time will tell over the next few days.
UPDATE – The tablet needs a software update out of the box so hopefully this is not a sign of things too come and is just a final layer of polish.