Despicable Me was a great film and the Minions for me made it a bit better. Most people you talk to about the film refer to them at some point and what better way to get people excited about the upcoming sequel Despicable Me 2? Release a game just beforehand that’s how.
Gru’s loyal, yellow, gibberish-speaking Minions are ready for their toughest challenge in Despicable Me: Minion Rush
The game itself is a never ending running game where the Minions have to collect bananas and dodge obstacles. It’s not exactly going to keep you playing for hours but it should keep your kids occupied briefly. The game is free with in app purchases so watch out what your kids buy. The game is made by Gameloft so as per the norm with them you have to download extra game data after installing the game, although it’s only about 28MB. Just head over to the link below. If you want to read more about it hit the press release button below to read the Play Store information.
Play Store Link – Despicable Me
Gru’s loyal, yellow, gibberish-speaking Minions are ready for their toughest challenge in Despicable Me: Minion Rush. Play as a Minion and compete with others in hilarious, fast-paced challenges in order to impress your boss, (former?) super-villain Gru! Jump, fly, dodge obstacles, collect bananas, be mischievous, and defeat villains to earn the title of Minion of the Year!
ALL THE HEART AND HUMOR OF DESPICABLE ME
• Enjoy unpredictably hilarious Minion moments
• Perform despicable acts through hundreds of missions
• Run through iconic locations, which are full of surprises, secrets and tricky obstacles: Gru’s Lab and Gru’s Residential Area
• Customize your Minion with unique costumes, weapons, and power-ups
• Battle Vector and an all-new villain exclusively created for the game
AN INNOVATIVE AND ORIGINAL GAME
• Encounter secret areas, unique boss fights and amazing power-ups
• Experience custom animation and voice overs, and state-of-the-art 3D graphics
• Enjoy multiple dynamic camera angles
• Engage in various bonus gameplays:
→ Destroy things as Mega Minion
→ Collect bananas riding the Fluffy Unicorn
→ Hang on to Gru’s Rocket for the ride of your life
• Have fun with your friends! See their best scores during your run, send them funny Minion taunts and challenges to show them who’s going to win Minion of the Year!
Note: For optimal performance, we recommend that you have at least 50Mb of free storage available while playing the game and that no apps are running in the background.