The BlackBerry Q10 is the brother of the celebrated BlackBerry Z10 and it’s now available to pre-order at Carphone Warehouse.
The Q10 is what you might call a more traditional BlackBerry. It’s got the familiar QWERTY keypad taking up half the handset and the screen occupies the rest. The main difference from its predecessors is that the Q10 is running the all new BB10 operating system. We’ve already seen this in action first hand when a couple of Z10’s passed through Coolsmartphone towers. It showed a lot of potential on the 100% touchscreen device, but how it translates to the hybrid phone will be interesting.
If you want to be one of the first people to get your thumbs around a Q10’s keypad then you should toddle off to the Carphone Warehouse website, because not only will you get your name down for a Q10, but if you’re one of the first 2,000 people to register you’ll also receive a free pair of wireless Blutooth speakers worth £79.95 to pump your tunes through (and listen to the coolsmartphone podcast of course!).
Here’s what Graham Stapleton, Chief Operating Officer at Carphone Warehouse, says about BlackBerry’s latest device:
The new BlackBerry Q10 takes everything that’s great about the recently launched BlackBerry Z10 and adds a physical QWERTY keyboard – perfect for users who still prefer the physical push of a button when using their devices. BlackBerry’s new handsets are innovative and modern and the new operating system gives customers a brilliant alternative to others out there at the moment. The BlackBerry Z10 has proved extremely popular and we’re certain that our customers will be very keen to get their hands on the new BlackBerry Q10. Furthermore as the only retailer that stocks all the networks, we’re offering customers great deals.
The specs of the Q10:
- Processor: Dual-Core 1.5GHz – Snapdragon S4 Plus
- Display: 3.1”, SuperAMOLED display, 720 x 720 resolution at 330 PPI, Touch On Lens
- Camera: 8MP rear facing camera, Auto Focus, 5X digital zoom, 1080p HD video recording; 2MP front facing camera, 3X digital zoom, 720p HD video recording
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 16GB Internal Storage; microSD Slot up to 64GB
- WiFi: Dual Band 802.11 a/b/g/n
- GPS: Assisted, Autonomous, and Simultaneous GPS
- Battery: BlackBerry NS1, 2100mAh Removable Battery
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Proximity, Gyroscope, Ambient light sensor
- Connectivity: NFC, microUSB, microHDMI-Out, Bluetooth 4.0, 4G LTE
- Dimensions (LxWxD): 119.6mm x 66.8mm x 10.35mm
The BlackBerry Q10 will be available from the end of April. It will be free on contract from £36 per month, and £579.95 SIM-free (no, that’s not a typo!).