Just days after the surprise news from Three that LTE will cost no more than existing plans do here in the UK, they have now released the new Ultrafast version of the Galaxy S3 which allows DC-HSDPA connections of up to 42mbps as well as LTE for when the network gets switched on later this year
Below is the full press release from Three
Samsung Galaxy S III Ultrafast – available now on Three.
Inspired by nature and designed for humans, this beautifully crafted phone has a large 4.8-inch, HD Super AMOLED display which fits more of the content people love on one screen.
It comes in Marble White and Pebble Blue, is loaded with smart features and even knows when you’re looking at it so the screen doesn’t turn off. By vibrating, the Galaxy S III Ultrafast lets you know when you have missed a message or call, and you can call your friends by simply moving the phone towards your ear. A simple voice command is enough to wake the phone from the lock screen.
Boasting a quad-core processor, it comes with a large battery capacity to match so there’s less worry about the device unexpectedly powering down while enjoying HD clips on your commute home. The intuitive smartphone also includes an 8 megapixel camera with auto-focus and LED flash as well as a 1.9 megapixel front camera for video calls with friends and family.
Sylvia Chind, Head of Devices at Three said, “Following the phenomenal success of the Samsung Galaxy S III last year, we’re pleased to now offer the Ultrafast ready Galaxy S III. Built with the technology to work on our advanced network* you’ll be able to enjoy the ultimate mobile internet experience on Three.
The Samsung Galaxy S III Ultrafast is available for £34 a month with an upfront cost of £29 on the Ultimate Internet 500 plan and for £36 a month with an upfront cost of £29 on The One Plan – both with a guarantee of no surprise out-of-bundle data charges and All-You-Can-Eat data – giving you the latest technology with no price premium.
The device is also available on Pay As You Go for £449.99 plus a top up. All in One 15 costs £15 and gives 30-day access to all-you-can-eat data along with 300 any-network minutes and 3,000 texts. Or All in One 25 costs £25 and offers 500 minutes, 3,000 texts and all-you-can-eat data for a 30-day period.
- Ultra brilliant meets Ultrafast – compatible with Three’s Ultrafast network
- Large 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED display (1280 x 720)
- Super-fast 1.4 GHz quad-core processor
- 8 megapixel camera with auto-focus and LED flash
- Large 2100mAh battery
- 1.9 megapixel front camera with BSI
- Full HD video recording, playback and image capture
- Up to 16GB internal memory
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Operating System
- Notification light
* Three’s Ultrafast network, currently supported by DC-HSDPA technology, already covers 55% of the UK population with an initial focus on 50 towns and cities. It will reach 80% population coverage by the end of March.