The HTC 8S is a great little phone, we reviewed it here and found it to be a great way to get to grips with the new Windows Phone 8 Operating System.
At release it was available SIM free for about £230 and as is always the way with phones these days prices drop. At the moment you can get the HTC 8S on Amazon for £208 here.
So what do you get with the HTC 8S? Here is the spec:
- CPU – Qualcomm® S4 1 GHz, Dual-core
- SIM card type – MicroSIM
- Memory – Total storage: 4 GB ( 1.09GB available on first boot)
- Expansion SD card slot supports micro SD memory card for additional storage (card not included)
- RAM 512 MB
- Network – GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz2 HSPA/WCDMA: Europe/Asia: 900/2100 MHz
- GPS – Internal GPS antenna with GLONASS
- Sensors – G-Sensor, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor
- Connectivity – 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
- Bluetooth® 3.1
- Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- Sound enhancement – Studio-quality sound with Beats Audio™ built in
- Camera – 5 megapixel camera with auto focus LED flash, F2.8 aperture and 35mm lens 720p video recording
- Multimedia – Audio supported formats: Playback: Playback: .aac, .amr, .m4a, .mp3, .wav, .asf, .wma (verison 9 and 10) Recording: .wav(w/OneNote)
- Video – supported formats:Playback: .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, m4v, asf, .wmv (version 9 and 10) Recording: .mp4
- Battery – Embeded & rechargeable Li-ion Polymer battery – Capacity: 1700 mAh
Don’t overlook the fact that it has a MicroSD slot and Beats Audio so you can get yourself a nice little media player here.