The Kindle Fire has always intrigued me. It has a rather locked down version of Android and it is neatly tied into all of the Amazon services.
As part of the Amazon UK lighting deals this week Amazon have dropped the price of the base level Kindle Fire to £99 (ad supported) or £109 (ad free). More details here.
So what does the Kindle Fire offer for your hard earned cash?
– New 1.2GHz processor and 1GB RAM for 40% faster performance than the original Kindle Fire
– 8GB Internal memory
– Vibrant 7″ colour touchscreen for browsing, watching, playing, and reading
– Perfect portability – thin, light, and durable
– Over 22 million movies, TV shows, songs, books, and magazines, plus tens of thousands of popular apps and games such as Angry Birds Space, Skyscanner, Jamie’s 20 Minute Meals and Auto Trader
One-month free trial of LOVEFiLM Instant video streaming for unlimited access to thousands of movies and TV series
– Ultra-fast web browsing and e-mail over built-in Wi-Fi, with integrated support for Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, and more, as well as Microsoft Exchange calendar, contacts, and email
– Free unlimited cloud storage for all your Amazon content
Kindle Owners’ Lending Library – with an Amazon Prime membership, Kindle device owners can choose from more than 200,000 books to borrow for free with no due dates, including current and former top sellers in the Amazon.co.uk Kindle Store and all 7 Harry Potter books.
So if your looking for a cheap tablet and ebook reader and you don’t mind jumping through Amazons hoops to get your apps and content then this might be a good deal for you.