You may have heard about the companion app for the Xbox that was released for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. It allows you to control media playback, browse the Web and act as a second screen in supported games. Pretty handy in my opinion.
When it was announced Microsoft added that it would come to Android and iOS in due course. The Android release was the other week and now it’s the turn of iOS. Head over to the Appstore link at the bottom on your device and rest is easy.
Use Xbox SmartGlass to enhance your entertainment on Xbox 360.
Xbox SmartGlass lets your device work with your Xbox 360 console to bring rich, interactive experiences and unique content about what you’re watching or playing, right to the device that’s already in your hand. Interact with your favorite TV shows, movies, music, sports, and games, and bring remote control to a whole new level.
You can also connect with your Xbox friends, track and compare your achievements, and change up your 3D avatar.
Xbox SmartGlass lets you:
• Navigate your Xbox 360 with swipe and tap
• Use your phone’s keyboard to type to your Xbox 360
• Browse the Internet on your Xbox 360 with full keyboard and zooming
• Play, pause, fast forward, rewind, and stop videos and music on your Xbox 360
• Search the full Xbox catalog of music, video, and games
• Enjoy rich, interactive experiences from select game and entertainment content creators
• Track and compare your achievements with your Xbox friends
• Change up your 3D avatar
• Message your Xbox friends
• Edit your Xbox profile