Yesterday afternoon Motorola unveiled their latest handsets. The RAZR brand continues, with the RAZR M, RAZR HD and the RAZR MAXX HD.
The RAZR M is of the most interest to us here in the UK as it is rumoured to be the device that Motorola unveil in a few weeks (albeit with an Intel CPU).
With an edge-to-edge Super AMOLED Advanced 4.3-inch display, RAZR M is an impossibly compact smartphone that puts the world in the palm of your hand. You can surf the Web using Chrome™ for Android™ at speeds like you have at home—maybe even faster. And with the best of Google, you get Google Maps™ with Navigation (Beta), Google+™ and access to more than 600,000 apps, millions of books and thousands of movies, games and more from Google Play™. RAZR M also comes with SMARTACTIONS™, the app that helps extend the smartphone’s already-long battery life and automate everyday tasks. And because RAZR M is part of the Motorola RAZR family, it’s built with premium protective materials like Corning® Gorilla® Glass, DuPont™ KEVLAR® fiber1 and a splash-guard coating, which protects even the electrical boards inside.
Spec wise it is pretty mid range, here are the specs:
- Android™ 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich (upgradeable to Jelly Bean)
- Size/Dimensions – 60.9(x) 122.5(y) 8.3 (z)
- Display – 4.3” qHD 540×960 Super AMOLED Advanced
- Weight – 126g
- Processor – Dual-core 1.5GHz processor
- Battery – 2000mAh
- Camera – 8MP, VGA P2P Video, Digital Zoom, Auto Focus, LED flash
- Video Capture – 1080p HD Video, MPEG4, H.264
- Storage & Memory – 1GB RAM x 8GB ROM, 4.5GB user available memory, expanded with optional microSD card
The thing with the RAZR M is it has a 4.3” screen yet it has a small size chassis. This is down to the tiny bezel they have used. It gives it an edge to edge feel. Which is another clue to the UK event. As the press invite mentioned the word “edge” a bit.
It is a nice looking device and I hope it makes it over to the UK in white. Here are a few pictures of it.