More announcements from IFA came from Sony. In total Sony announced 3 new mobile products, 2 phones and 1 tablet.
The first was the Xperia T, Sony’s new flagship top of the range handset which is set to feature in the upcoming Bond movie Skyfall.
The main features of the handset are as follows:
- 4.6” HD Reality Display powered by the Mobile BRAVIA® Engine for razor sharp clarity
- 13MP fast capture camera that goes from sleep mode to snap in just over a second
- Full 1080p HD video recording capabilities and a 720p HD front camera for the highest quality content
- Easy connectivity with ‘One-touch’ function enabled by NFC
- PlayStation™ Certified
- Latest generation 1.5GHz dual core processor for improved battery life, fast performance and ultra sharp graphics
- Android version 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Will be upgraded to Android version 4.1 (Jelly Bean) following launch. Detailed timing to follow
- MHL connectivity for viewing content on a big screen without the need for a charger
- Use Xperia TV Dock with MHL to HDMI converter and charging connector to enjoy photos and videos on an HDMI enabled TV
Details on the Xperia J are a little more sketchy bit the main features are:
- 9.2mm slim stylish design
- Large 4.0” FWVGA Display
- Social media updates by illumination
- 5MP camera
- Front chat camera
- Available in Black, Gold, White and Pink colours
The Xperia S meanwhile is Sony’s latest venture into the tablet market and the first to bear the Xperia marquee.
Key features include:
- Slim new aluminium body and splash-proof design
- NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 quad-core processor and Android 4.0.3 operating system
- Various experiences with original applications and Sony’s network services
- Optimized accessories (sold separately) to enhance experiences in every scene
The Xperia S tablet and the Xperia T will be available in the UK from September with the Xperia J being scheduled for a Q4 release.