If ever there was a phone I would love to get my hands on it is the Xiaomi MI-2 MIUI Phone or the MI-1 even.
So what on earth are they? Well 2 years ago Xiaomi started out making Android roms for the community and they eventually decided to start making phones. There is just one slight problem for us here in the UK, Xiaomi are based in China and they haven’t really managed to set up an importer and retailers in the UK. Another problem was that they didn’t make many.
Well yesterday morning they announced their new phone the MI-2 and boy is it a great looking device. Here is some of the artwork for the MI-2.
Spec wise the MI-2 is no slouch either.
- CPU – World premiere of Qualcomm APQ8064 1.5GHz 28nm high-performance, low power consumption
- GPU – Adreno 320 graphics chip with performance comparable to XBOX game consoles
- Ram – 2GB large memory, The first phone with 2GB memory
- Screen – IPS high PPI accuracy retina screen at 4.3 inch with resolution of 1280×720
- Camera – 8 million pixel back-illuminated high-quality camera, back-illuminated type CMOS camera with a F/2.0 aperture
- Battery – Standard 2000mAh battery or 3000mAh large battery
- Based on the latest version of Android 4.1
The processor sounds amazing, in fact the whole thing sounds amazing. I just really hope that some how they release them in the UK.
Source – Xiaomi
Via – Phandroid