Earlier on in the year Acer announced a few different Android phones. The highest spec phone announced was the the Cloud Mobile. It is going to be the first device to use the new Acer Cloud service. It is also probably the highest spec Acer I have ever seen as well.
Retailer Expansys are now taking pre-orders for the Cloud Mobile. The price is currently £284.99 and the estimated release date the 5th of September. Here are the specs for the device.
- Dimensions – < 10 mm thickness
- Display – 800 x 1280 pixels, 4.3 inches (351 ppi pixel density)
- Dolby Mobile sound enhancement
- Memory – Card slot microSD, up to 32GB
- Internal Memory – 16 GB, 1 GB RAM
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Camera – 8 MP, 3264×2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- OS – Android OS, v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- CPU – Dual-core 1.5 GHz
- CloudMobile cloud service
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
Plenty of nice features here, the screen sounds great and the inclusion of NFC is good also. The only slight problem I can see for Acer is Jelly Bean. Higher spec and price devices people expect upgrades. Acer have in the past kept quiet about upgrades. Hopefully things have changed with their new line of devices.