Instapaper is a hugely popular iOS app. It allows you to save web pages as text, text which can be stored offline so you can read it at a later date or when you haven’t got a web connection. The app seems to be phone and tablet optimised in one version. Which is nice quite often you would need to buy the app twice to have the phone and tablet versions.
Here is the Play Store description.
A simple tool to save web pages for reading later.
Save web pages for later offline reading, optimized for readability on your tablet or phone’s screen. Critically acclaimed by top blogs, newspapers, and magazines!
Great for long articles and blog posts that you find during the day and would like to read, but don’t have the time when you find them. Save with Instapaper, then read later when you’re commuting, in a meeting, or waiting in line.
– Saves most web pages as text only, stripping away the full-sized layout to optimize for tablet and phone screens
– Distraction-free reading environment gets out of your way so you can focus on the content
– Everything you download is then available **OFFLINE**, so you can read whenever you want, even on airplanes, subways, or Wi-Fi-only devices away from internet connections
– Adjustable fonts, text sizes, line spacing, and margins
– Dark mode and brightness control for night reading
– Automatic Dark mode switching for sunset times in your location (not all devices support this feature)
– Folders for organization
– Share via web browser and any app that supports sharing
– Rotation lock
– Download up to 500 articles on your phone or tablet, and store unlimited articles on the Instapaper website
The app is available for £1.93 in the Play Store and if you already have this on your iPad or other iOS device then no doubt having it on you Android devices as well be a handy new app for you.
Play Store Link – Instapaper