Sprint are to release the Motorola Q (or “Moto Q”) later this month in Sprint business sales channels and online at Spint.com with a full availability across Sprint stores and other online channels in mid-February. The slim, sexy Moto Q not only gives email, web, music and video access but also exclusive Sprint features such as the Sprint Mobile Broadband Service, Customized Sprint Powerdeck (IE Favourites with featured content, optimized links etc), NFL Mobile and several “On Demand” options for receiving updated web content such as sports, weather, news, money and movie information.
Danny Bowan, VP of Customer Support at Sprint said of the launch, “The Motorola Q operating on the Sprint Power Vision Network gives our customers the power of information that moves with them in a sleek, ultra-thin form factor.”
The Moto Q has a easy-to-use QWERTY keyboard and comes with several email solutions including Good Mobile Messaging (real-time email), Microsoft Push Email plus POP3 / IMAP access. There’s also Windows Media Player 10, a large hi-res screen, Bluetooth 1.2, MiniSD slot and a 1.3 Megapixel camera.
Press release and larger image below.
Links – Motorola Press Release – Sprint.com
Sprint and Motorola add the Smart and Sleek MOTO Q™ to Sprint’s Power Vision Device Lineup
Sprint Mobile Broadband Smart Device MOTO QTM by Motorola comes packed with exclusive content including NFL Mobile and On Demand
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. and PLANTATION, Fla. – 4 January 2007 – Consumers and professionals striving to be more organized and productive in the new year can rely on Sprint (NYSE:S) and Motorola (NYSE: MOT) to help them achieve their New Year’s resolution. The companies announced today they plan to begin offering the Sprint Mobile Broadband Smart Device MOTO QTM by Motorola later this month in Sprint business sales channels and online at www.sprint.com. Sprint is expected to begin offering the MOTO Q in all channels including Sprint Stores in mid-February.
Slim and stylish, the MOTO Q offered from Sprint operates on the Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone Platform with the Messaging and Security Feature Pack and gives customers easy access to mobile email*, Web*, calendar, music, video and phone functionality in one pocket-sized device. Exclusive features available only from Sprint include:
- Sprint Mobile Broadband Service on the Sprint Power VisionSM Network.
- Customized Sprint Powerdeck – The NEW Sprint Powerdeck Located in the Internet Explorer Favorites Menu will provide users with Featured Content, optimized content links and an online searchable User Guide for convenient access to tips, troubleshooting techniques and how-to instructions.
- NFL Mobile – available exclusively from Sprint, this application brings the world of NFL to your handset. Access team content, check real-time scores and stats, and shop for NFL downloads. NFL Mobile is included with any Sprint Power Vision data pack starting as low as $15 a month.
- On Demand – retrieve customized, up-to-date web content such as sports, weather, news, money and movie information with the push of a button.
“Life today goes beyond the home or office. The Motorola Q operating on the Sprint Power Vision Network gives our customers the power of information that moves with them in a sleek, ultra-thin form factor,” said Danny Bowman, vice president of customer equipment for Sprint. “And with a Sprint Power Vision Access pack, available for as low as $15 per month, Sprint customers have the power do more for less each month.”
In addition to the exclusive Sprint offerings, customers can benefit from the following advanced features:
- Enhanced email capabilities with Good Mobile Messaging – provides secure, real-time access to email and corporate data with a familiar, Outlook-like interface. Available directly from the Sprint Powerdeck allowing for convenient and easy installation*
- QWERTY keyboard for easy, accurate messaging
- Flexible push e-mail capabilities including support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 and Good Mobile Messaging, as well as consumer email solutions such as POP3, IMAP4 and SMTP protocols*
- Wireless synchronization with Microsoft Outlook e-mail, calendar, tasks and contacts
- Windows Media Player 10 Mobile for playback and streaming of music, video and audio
- Large, high-resolution display
- Integrated version 1.2 Bluetooth wireless technology 1.2
- 1.3 MP camera with flash and 6x digital zoom, video capture with sound and playback
- Externally accessible mini SD card slot for additional storage
- Five-way navigation button and thumb wheel for single-handed operation
Sprint is enabling the MOTO Q with flexible connectivity options including phone-as–modem functionality to allow customers to use the device with a laptop for high-speed data access via the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network.* “The MOTO Q is a great example of how Motorola is executing upon its vision of seamless mobility, providing complete and reliable mobility,” said Peter Aloumanis, vice president and strategic account manager, Motorola Sales and Services. “On the Sprint Power Vision Network, the MOTO Q provides Sprint customers with high-quality voice and data in a sleek and intelligent device that is ideal for productivity and entertainment.” Certified content is available via the Sprint Software Store powered by Handmark™, an intelligent on-device catalog of applications and digital media, allowing users to find, download and buy games and applications simply and securely. The store can also be visited online at http://softwarestore.sprint.com. Sprint customers can currently use several Motorola devices on the Sprint Power Vision Network including the MOTOKRZRTM, MOTORAZRTM and MOTOSLVRTM. Sprint today has the most wireless broadband coverage of any carrier through its Power Vision Network (EV-DO), which reaches well over 180 million people nationwide, covering over 219 communities with at least a 100,000 population as well as 725 airports nationwide. Additional information on the Sprint Power Vision Network, including coverage maps showing current and future coverage, Mobile Broadband service plans, and the latest access devices, can be found at http://powervision.sprint.com/mobilebroadband/.