To celebrate the screening on May 19th of Star Wars III (Revenge of the Sith .. that’s “Sith” people.. OK?), Orange are launching a special box this week. This coming Saturday, April 2nd, Orange are doing a promotion at the Orange Shop on the Kings Road (71 Kings Road, Chelsea, London, SW3 4NX – click here for a map). The deal is that, if you attend the Kings Road Orange shop dressed as your favourite Star Wars Character, then you stand a chance of winning tonnes of great stuff! In fact, the first..
– 25 people in the shop get a FREE numbered Ltd Edition Star Wars box set
– 50 people in the shop get FREE tickets and travel to “Memorabilia” collectors event
– 100 people in the shop get an Orange goodybag
The shop opens at 9AM, but get there early as there’s likely to be a queue. Don’t forget that you stand a better chance of winning if you get down there early and you’re dressed up! 🙂 The phone in the box is actually a Nokia 3220, but I’m plugging this because there’s I want some pictures of any lovely ladies who are prepared to dress up as Princess Leia …Ooooooo baby…
Full Press Release below..
THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH ORANGE AS NEW “STAR WARS: EPISODE III” MOBILE BOX SET HITS THE SHELVES
• Exclusive box set: a “must-have” for any Star Wars fan including Nokia phone and cool Star Wars accessories
• Orange World: brand-new Star Wars content and services including innovative Avatar Messaging – animated characters that speak your text messages
London. March 29 2005. A galaxy far, far away comes closer than ever before thanks to an exciting new range of Star Wars products and services from mobile communications company Orange, to celebrate the release of the year’s most anticipated movie.
The six-episode Star Wars Saga will be complete on May 19 when Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith opens in cinemas around the world. In partnership with Lucasfilm Ltd. – creator of the Star Wars movies – Orange has developed an exclusive, intricately designed Star Wars: Episode III box set packed with unique mobile accessories that bring the fun and adventure of the movie directly to film fans.
The box set is designed to look like a prop from the film and the accessories inside the box set include a customisable Nokia 3220 phone; five themed lenticulars (featuring key characters from the saga); a Darth Vader desk phone cradle; and a furry Wookiee-pouch to keep a mobile safe while on the move.
Across Europe, Star Wars mobile content is only available to Orange customers and can be accessed through Orange World, its entertainment and information mobile site. Film fans will be able to watch clips from Revenge of the Sith on their phones, download exciting games and even have Darth Vader’s menacing breath as their ringtone. What’s more, Orange customers will be able to get characters from the Star Wars films to speak their text messages using Avatar Messaging. Customers simply type in their message, choose a Star Wars character and then send it to a friend. The Star Wars character will then appear on the friend’s phone and speak the message (see appendix for specific information on products and services).
Orange has produced more than 100,000 black Star Wars: Episode III box sets for sale across seven countries in Europe. In addition to these, 2000 limited-edition numbered silver box sets have been created for use in special retail offers and as competition prizes. The box sets and the first of the new Revenge of the Sith content will be released during the first week of April. The box sets will be available through Orange stores and high-street retailers including Carphone Warehouse, The Link, Argos, Phones4U and Woolworths.
The Force will also be felt throughout Orange’s 280 retail stores, which will include fantastic new interactive experiences within the retail environment, including Star Wars-themed shop fronts. Orange’s 2,000 phone trainers across the UK will also become “Jedi Trainers”, helping customers to get the best Star Wars experience from of their phones.
Star Wars-themed Orange adverts featuring characters from the film will also be appearing in the cinema, radio, on-line and in print media in the run-up to the film’s opening.
Alexis Dormandy, Chief Marketing Officer for Orange UK, said: “Our customers can now take the Star Wars universe with them wherever they go, expanding the movie experience from the silver screen and into the palm of their hand. They can make their phone hum like a lightsabre, fight the Dark Side with our range of interactive 3D games and even send each other a personalised greeting from R2D2 – only with Orange.”
The “Star Wars: Episode III” box set … what’s in the box?
• Nokia 3220 pay-as-you-go phone (also available as Pay Monthly through Orange shops)
• Star Wars lenticular (one in each box depicting either Darth Vader, Yoda and General Grevious)
• Darth Vader phone holder (for your desk)
• Wookiee-pouch phone holder (for your belt)
• Free Yoda wallpaper (available by text short-code) for your phone
• Limited Edition Yoda Top Up card (pay-as-you-go box-sets only)
Star Wars content – available through Orange World:
• Avatar Messaging – customers can send an animated video message featuring a Star Wars character to a friend. Choose from characters including R2D2, Stormtrooper and Pit-droid
• Video Clips – film scenes, the trailer and behind-the-scenes footage from Revenge of the Sith
• Games – Java-based fun including Lightsabre Battler, Battle Over Coruscant; Star Wars Clone Commander, Star Wars Galactic Conquest, Star Wars Grievous Getaway, Star Wars Jedi Arena
• Wallpapers – Revenge of the Sith images of characters including Anakin Skywalker, Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi, General Grievous, Chewbacca and Count Dooku
• Ringtones – Star Wars themes including Duel of the Fates, The Droid Invasion, The Parade and Across The Stars
• Information – including Production notes from Revenge of the Sith, “A History of the Sith” and “The Emergence of Darth Vader”