The Motorola MPx100 Helps Mobile Professionals “Detox the Inbox” By Simplifying Communications on the Go
New Handset Delivers Mobile Work/Life Balance via E-mail, Bluetooth® Connectivity, Music, Video and More
CANNES, France, 3GSM World Congress – 23 February 2004 – Today, Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT), a global leader in wireless, broadband and automotive communications technologies, announced the debut of the Motorola MPx100 — a new mobile phone that helps busy professionals manage work and personal demands with one amazing device.
Part of the Motorola MOTOPro™ series of handsets featuring Microsoft’s Windows Mobile™ software, the MPx100 combines a familiar user interface and radically enhanced candy bar design. With easy-to-use email, messaging, media, and Bluetooth® connectivity, the device delivers simplified communications, increased productivity and complete control in developing a personal mobile experience.
Perfect for on-the-go connectivity, the Motorola MPx100 gives you the power to keep your Inbox “detoxed” by receiving and checking email in real-time. Leveraging Windows Mobile Outlook email and PIM synchronization, the tri-band GSM-GPRS device also provides “always-on” connectivity thru CE bus, IrDA or Bluetooth wireless technology.
The device is built on the MOTOPro™ Innovation Platform, a feature rich software and hardware platform that leverages Motorola design and technologies, as well as Microsoft Windows Mobile™ software. The Motorola MPx100 also boasts up to 512MB of expandable memory, an integrated 1.3 mega pixel camera with flash, Java™ technology, and a large, high-quality color screen in a small, pocket-sized package.
A Little Diversion
Complementing its strong business features, the Motorola MPx100 helps users achieve that personal life balance by providing plenty of downtime options. Get your groove on with the integrated MP3 player, or send instant messages in a snap with MSN Messenger and the model MPx100’s optional QWERTY keyboard. The model MPx100 even allows for photo album storage and features embedded Multi-Media Messaging Service (MMS) capability for sending and receiving photos, wallpaper, icons and more.
“Business professionals want the best of three worlds: mobile communications, computers, and electronics,” said Tom Lynch, executive vice president, Motorola, Inc., president and chief executive officer, Personal Communications Sector. “And unique devices like the MPx100 give them what they’re looking for and more. The Motorola MPx100 reflects Motorola’s commitment to producing the highest level of wireless innovation.”
The Motorola MPx100 offers:
● Microsoft Windows Mobile™ software: Making the model MPx100 truly an extension of your desktop, this cutting-edge device supports a multitude of business applications including Microsoft Word®, Excel® and more.
● Radical Design: The model MPx100 combines an innovative candy bar form factor with a large, high quality color screen resulting in a user-friendly and stylish mobile perfect for the truly mobile executive.
● No strings attached: The Motorola MPx100 tri-band GSM-GPRS device supports integrated Bluetooth® wireless technology for both data centric and voice centric communications with compatible devices for the ultimate in hands-free connectivity, as well as Wi-Fi via an optional accessory for wireless networking.
● Advanced camera capabilities: With an impressive 1.3 mega pixel camera and flash embedded on the Motorola MPx100 combined with MMS – messages can be delivered with more than just words.
● Ultimate add-ons: The model MPx100 offers increased mobile personalization with numerous productivity add-ons such as expandable memory using the mini-SD slot allowing up to 512MB of data to be added on-the-fly, Bluetooth® headset, QWERTY keyboard, professional Install car kit, and GPS accessory kit.
● Synchronization: Built in ActiveSync makes the model MPx100 capable of synching with Microsoft Outlook® for easy organization away from the office.
● Enhanced browsing and downloading: The Motorola MPx100 features Pocket Internet Explorer supporting HTML, WAP 2.0 and GPRS allowing the user to surf, shop, and trade on virtually any Web site. The Java download capabilities add extra applications for this action-packed device.
Pricing and Availability
The Motorola MPx100 is expected to be available in the second half of 2004. For more information regarding pricing and product availability in your region, please check with your local Motorola representative.
Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) is a global leader in wireless, broadband and automotive communications technologies that help make life smarter, safer, simpler, synchronized and fun. Sales in 2003 were U.S. $27.1 billion. Motorola creates innovative technological solutions that benefit people at home, at work and on the move. The company also is a progressive corporate citizen dedicated to operating ethically, protecting the environment and supporting the communities in which it does business. For more information: www.motorola.com.
Digital imagery of Motorola Personal Communications products mentioned in this release can be seen at: www.motorola.com/content/0,,1801,00.html.