Today Xiaomi have announced the Redmi Note 3, a 5.5″ screened affordable handset which packs some serious specs for the price.
The Redmi Note 3 is the third iteration of the popular and affordable Redmi Note series of devices. Coming hot on the heels of the Redmi Note 2 which was announced in August, the Note 3 brings a fingerprint sensor and metal build with a 4000mAh battery to the series.
- MediaTek Helio X10 Octa-core 64-bit Cortex A53 processor
- 2GB/3GB RAM 16GB/32GB internal storage
- Full metal body
- Fingerprint sensor with 0.3s unlock
- 4000 mAh battery
- 13MP rear camera with 2-tone flash, 5MP front facing camera
- 5.5″ Full HD screen (1920×1080)
- MIUI 7 Android-based OS (based on Android 5.1 Lollipop)
Overall on paper the Redmi Note 3 seems to be a Note 2 with a more premium body, a fingerprint sensor and a bigger battery. The killer feature is the price though: the 16GB model has a recommended retail price of RMB 899 in China which is approximately £90.
Stay tuned for our upcoming review of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2, and our review of the Note 3 once we get out paws on one. Are you considering doing some Xiaomi shopping on AliExpress in the near future? Let us know in the comments.