Following on from it’s sale by Sony to a local investigative firm, VAIO Corporation has launched the VAIO Phone (VA-10J). It is the company’s first dabble in to the smartphone world, made in partnership with Japan communication.
When it was first seen, comments were made that the phone shares both a similar design and specifications as the Panasonic Eluga U2. Well, it appears that apart from the different branding, the VAIO phone and the Panasonic Eluga U2 are identical but massively different in price. The VAIO comes in at $421 (£284) and Panasonic at $255 (£173).
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS OGS display
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 410 processor with Adreno 306 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 71.3×141.5×7.95mm; weight 130 grams
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2500 mAh built-in battery
We have no idea if these two mid-range contenders will make it to British shores as yet, but if we hear anything we will let you know.
Via – Engadget Japan