Motorola have sent out press invitations today to an event being held in London next Tuesday (14th January). As is common with these invites, they haven’t told us what the event is in aid of.
There were rumours floating about in September about a new Motorola tablet to be released in 2014. However, these seem to have sunk, at least for the moment.
Educated guesses are pointing towards a European launch of the much anticipated Moto X (probably due to the fact that the woman in the photograph seems to be holding one!), which has had excellent reviews in the US since its launch last summer.
If this is the case it does throw up some interesting questions:
- Will there be an upgrade in specs due to it no longer being anywhere near cutting edge?
- Will we get the ability to order custom designs, like in the States?
- If not, will the price reflect this?
As a reminder, here are some images and specs of the US version:
- Dimensions 29.3 x 65.3 x 10.4 mm
- Display AMOLED 720 x 1280 pixels, 4.7 inches 312 ppi
- Internal memory 16/32 GB
- 2 GB RAM
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Camera 10 MP, autofocus, LED flash
- Camera Features 1.4 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR
- Front Camera 2 MP
- Android Jelly Bean
- Chipset Qualcomm MSM8960Pro Snapdragon
- CPU Dual-core 1.7 GHz Krait
- GPU Adreno 320
- Battery 2200 mAh
Have you been holding off your upgrade in anticipation of this launch? Do you even care about the Moto X any more? Let us know in the comments section below.