Be a newsmaker!

A new service from BlueHereNow allows anyone with a camera phone, digital camera, laptop or PDA to send in photos that are related to local news events. This is an excellent idea and has already been seen in the UK recently when people sent pictures o...

Include our news!

I've now made it easier than ever before to include coolsmartphone.com news into your website. Simply click on the link that reads "Use our News Feed" (or click here if you want) to include the latest news and information into your website.Any problem...

Ringtones set to beat CDs

Crappy, expensive, annoying "bleep bleep bleepy bleep" ringtones are set to beat the sales of CD singles, it was reported today. Ringtones are now more profitable to record companies than singles! Ringtones already fleece mobile-phone users to the tu...

3G Sales Drop

Despite intense media advertising, incredibly cheap price plans and attempting to reduce the cost of handsets, Hutchinson is stuggling to shift their 3G handsets on their "3" network. City analysts estimate the company has probably signed up less tha...

More kids get mobile

In the UK it now appears that soon half a million kids will have mobile phones. This is according to research by mobileYouth. At the moment 400,000 children in the UK have a mobile, and often have them bought by parents who are concerned for their s...

Paint with your phone!

Yup, sounds crazy doesn't it ? But you can... just check out orneta.com and download Paint4Smartphone! Before you know it you could be coming up with something like this !It includes... - Creating / editing / saving of images in formats: BMP, JPG- Si...

Upload piccies from your Smartphone directly to the web

Just spotted over at the excellent smartphony.org is buzznet.com. This site is similar to Phlog.net in that it allows you to send in pictures from your smartphone so that people can see them on-line.All you do is create an account and a "keyword"...

QTek 7070 Update

For those of you with the Qtek Smartphone (the Tanager model), you can now update to OS version 1.5 by clicking here. This update does pretty much the same as the other 1.5 updates - a fix to the SMS character count, updated diag etc. It also include...

.NET Video

Neil Emms and Ori Amiga - both Lead Program Managers for Microsoft Mobile Devices Product Group have recorded a special show for MSDN TV which shows you a bit more on Visual Studio .NET 2003 and a next generation Smartpho...

Text says "Bye" to "Hello"

A recent survey by msn.co.uk has shown that newer technologies including text-messages and instant-messenger services are changing the way we speak.It found that far less people begin a text with "Hello" and instead use more informal greetings like "H...

CoolSmartPhoneShop.com!

The new CoolSmartPhoneShop.com is now online and ready for action ! Check it out by clicking on the link to the left, or browse directly by clicking here. Naz from smartphones.org.uk will be running and updating the shop, as I'm busy doing the usual a...

Orange.com and the E100

Although the E100 (Tanager) has appeared on orange.co.uk and several other Orange sites, it was absent from the international orange.com website until very recently. Now you can check out this page at orange.com to see where you can buy your E100 and ...

Blimey!

Well, it has exceeded any expectations I could have dreamt of. Now we've blown past 15,000 members on coolsmartphone.com! :) While I still have some checking to do (there's some duplicate email addresses etc), this is a huge boost for the MS Smartpho...

Email Virus..

Have you received an email from me recently that says..."I would like to inform you about important information regarding your email address"With a Zip attachment ? DO NOT open it - this is a virus, and can come from ANY email address. It wasn't sent ...

E100 in Computer Active

The fornightly magazine Computer Weekly (UK Magazine) have reviewed the Orange SPV E100. Although I haven't read it myself (and their website doesn't have an on-line copy) Catherine Simpson has emailed in to say that Computer Active (Issue 143) has r...

IA Style Rocks!

Hello from IA Style,Our Smartphone applications are winning over critics. We were just named Developer of the Year at the Handango Partner Summit. One of our applications, IA SIM Manager, also won an award for the Best Productivity application. We are...

The Smartphone in the USA

While Europe and Asia happily play around with MS-based Smartphones, there's a little place called America that is yet to see them. Whilst the Smartphone has popped its head up on everlinkwireless.com (the Red e SC1100), the USA hasn't really seen a S...

Request – sending a call-card number?

Using an calling card on spv to work with Orange!! My old T68i had a calling card feature in which you could presend a 0800 freephone number before sending the tones of a number in your telephone book. This is so that you can call numbers very cheaply...

How hot is it?

Just seen this across on msmobiles.com and thought I'd mention it too. It's a wicked little utility to measure the ambient temperature. Just download it by clicking here - then you can see just how hot it is. Given the sweaty summer we're having here ...

Mitac Mio on Orange!

The Mitac Mio, which we have raved about quite a bit here, is now available to buy on.... Orange! Surprised? Well... yes, we were to. In fact, you can get this phone just by clicking here! The catch ? Well, it's not Europe - or the USA - …