Mobile Content Festival

The DCI Mobile Content Festival is an event examining the effect of mobile devices on everyday life. The Digital Convergence Institute is seeking "mobile content submissions that explore the mobile lifestyle". They're looking for app's and games for t...

WindowsMobile.com Gets Overhauled

The WindowsMobile.com site has received a significant facelift recently and is well worth a visit. There's support, news, handsets, accessories and add-on information plus a whole load more. There's also information about the upgrade to Windows Mobile...

SDA and MDA in USA

Following our earlier story we can now confirm that the T-Mobile MDA and SDA are available at T-Mobile USA. If you're in the United States just pop along to T-Mobile and say Gears from CoolSmartPhone sent you. Sure, they'll probably say, "Who?", but h...

Ad2Hand – Get Location-based deals on your Windows Mobile

This is Ad2Hand - it's a wireless advertising service for your phone. It works via bluetooth and, once you download the software it'll continually monitor for local shops and businesses using the service as you walk around town. When you do get near a...

Push Email for Orange Devices

Jeremy Platt has emailed in about the new push email facility coming from Microsoft. According to what he's heard, the ROM update for Windows Mobile 5 devices on Orange should be available before the end of this month. To make that news even better, t...

Torq P120 Video Review

This video review of the Torq P120 comes from Digital Lifestyle Magazine, plus there's a streaming version here at Slashphone. The Torq P120 is the US re-badge of the Eten M600 and comes with GPRS, Quad-band, Bluetooth, 1.3 Megapixel camera and WiFi c...

Samsung SGH-i750 Gets go ahead from FCC

The FCC have finally approved the Samsung SGH-i750 handset. We saw this last year and it appears to be running Windows Mobile 2003SE for Pocket PC still, however we'd hope it would be updated to Windows Mobile 5.0 if released on a network. FCC approva...

HTC Star Trek also to appear as QTek 8500

QTek already retail lots of HTC phones including that excellent QTek 8310 - y'know, the one with WiFi. So it's no great surprise to hear that a certain "Qtek clamshell EDGE music phone is here!" Aha! Could that be the HTC Star Trek / iMate Smartflip? ...

More Smartflip treats – Stacks of photos!

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it yet, but we love the look of the HTC Star Trek / i-Mate Smartflip. Seriously - it comes to something when the most bulbous thing on it is the Mini USB port! Oooo that is thin. There's even a second screen …

i-Mate Smartflip Treats – Video Online!

We like the i-Mate Smartflip. We really, really like the i-Mate Smartflip. No, we love it. We love the i-Mate Smartflip. If this device doesn't get badged up by several major networks I'll eat my hat. So here, for the first time anywhere, is a video o...

3GSM – Wistron AnexTEK SP310 GPS

Here's the AnexTEK SP310 Windows Mobile handset. Wait a minute.. doesn't that look a lot like a BenQ P50? Why I think it is. The guys at PocketPCItalia spotted this at 3GSM. It's gonna have Windows Mobile 5.0 with push email and has a pretty funky spe...

3GSM – Shots and Video of the Orange SPV M600

Our great friends at NewMobile.com have given us a shout about some excellent photos and videos they've taken of the new Orange SPV M600. These shots were taken on the Orange stand at 3GSM and show the real deal - no computer trickery, no artists impr...

3GSM – HTC Hermes Photographs

The HTC Hermes looks pretty much like the HTC Wizard however it's gonna have a quicker 300Mhz CPU and will support HSDPA / 3G. It's got WiFi, Bluetooth 2.0, a 2.1 Megapixel camera with flash and - if you look carefully on the top left of the unit …

3GSM – i-Mate Smartflip Pictured

The i-Mate Smartflip / HTC Star Trek is the device that has caused quite a stir recently. Now there's some excellent pictures here at Phonescoop. I like this device, I really do. It's wafer thin - check this shot in particular and it's got a keyboard ...

3GSM – More shots of the Samsung i320 hit the web

If you're hungry for yet more shots of the thin Samsung i320 then this Phonescoop article is definitely worth a look. This device came out of the blue and it's yet another Q-competitor that's even thinner than the Motorola model. The link below contai...

3GSM – Orange SPV M600 – HTC Prophet – More Pictures

Our friends at Orange have sent even more huge pictures of the Orange SPV M600 PDA we mentioned earlier today. Click the "read more" bit below to see them, then click the thumbnails to get bigger pics. Right! I'm off to the pub. See you lot in the …

3GSM – Orange Launch the SPV M600

Here it is kids, the Orange SPV M600 ala the HTC Prophet we mentioned earlier. It's just been announced at 3GSM and it'll run on Windows Mobile 5.0 with push-email. It will be available initially from Orange in the UK, France and the Netherlands and i...

3GSM – Tatung M1 Smartphone on display

There's not much about the the Tatung M1 at the Tatung website, even though it's being shown at 3GSM this week. However, I guess that's not all too surprising as there's little mention of their Portable Media Center devices either.If you're making a p...

3GSM – Ballmer Bigs It Up

The wacky magician that is Steve Ballmer has just got off stage after doing his Keynote at the 3GSM conference in Barcelona. He mentioned the Microsoft Office Communicator and went on to show the new live TV service from Virgin Mobile and BT Movio. He...