The other week I pulled my shiny new £1000 Note 20 ultra from my pocket to find to my complete horror the screen was cracked and a nice line of dead pixels rendering the bottom half of the screen useless, and I haven’t got a clue how it happened.
Thank god for gadget insurance, the screen is now replaced ( the phone now lives in a belt pouch Steve Litchfield will be happy to hear )
But then I hear of the new rugged flagship from DooGee the S96 Pro, which at a price cheaper than my screen replacement pricked my interest.
This rather smart rugged looking device comes with not only a 48 MP f/1.8 main camera sensor on the back, but also a first a 20 MP night vision camera.
The S96 Pro provides effective insulation from water and dust as well as being drop proof and scratch-resistant, with IP ratings of IP68 and IP69K. Also having waterproof stoppers for Type-C, earphone jack and SIM card slot, meaning that the S96 Pro can be used in water up to 5m deep for capturing aquatic images. It can be submerged for up to 30 minutes at 1.5m underwater.
Also offering 360º shockproof protection (MIL-STD-810G) and a scratch-resistant screen with Corning® Gorilla® Glass, the S96 Pro is safe even when dropped onto concrete from up to 1.8m. Built with soft TPU and aluminum alloy reinforced polycarbonate materials, the S96 is fully protected from drops and the four reinforced corners and heightened frames keep it safe in outdoor environments, and is ratted to operate in extreme temperatures due to the metal frame and components and can work normally between -55°C and -70°C. ( so should survive a day in my pocket then 🤔)
Other Specs include.
- Samsung® 48MP Quad camera.
- 20M Night vision camera and SONY® IMX350 Sensor chip.
- Four infrared lights and four LED lights.
- MediaTek Helio G90 Octa-Core processor chipset (2x Cortex A76 2.0GHz + 6x Cortex A55 2.0GHz).
- 8GB of RAM, and 128GB of expandable storage (with a triple slot that can house two SIM cards and a microSD at the same time).
- 6.22″ 720×1520 LCD touchscreen with a waterdrop notch that houses a 16 MP selfie camera.
- A whopping 6350mAh battery.
- 24W fast charging and 10W wireless charging.
- Side fingerprint recognition as well as Face Unlock
The S96 Pro is available in Fire Orange, Army Green and Mineral Black from AliExpress for $299.99/£237 with Amazon stocking from December.
We have asked for a review unit so hopefully a full review will be coming soon.