Amidst the coronavirus pandemic, just about everything – from socializing to working has shifted online. If your social life involves watching movies with friends or family, this has instead become a more lonely pastime given the ‘stay at home’ advice. However, streaming services are now rolling out extra features so that you can at least get some of that shared viewing experience again.
There’s web services that let you invite your friends and watch TV series together with your friends. Movies, too, can be watched in sync with your friends. The good part is you can send messages, video chat, and interact while you binge-watch your favourite series or movie series online. Sounds awesome, doesn’t it? In this article, we have come up with a detailed and comprehensive guide to these services and which services they are compatible with, including Prime Video, Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, and others.
So, if being trapped at home is becoming a little stressful, it’s time to sit back and relax. Find an assignment help provider to take care of your homework, then grab a drink, some popcorn and watch with your friends.
With Metastream, you can watch movies with your family or friends online in complete sync. It also comes with an online chat option. On this platform, you do not have to create an account or follow a complex setup method. Additionally, the good thing about Metastream is that it is compatible with a multitude of online platforms like YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, and others.
Furthermore, Metastream is free to use. Though it doesn’t have an audio chat or a webcam option, it is still a great platform.
Steps to use Metastream
- Download the Firefox or the Chrome extension of Metastream.
- Open the Metastream portal and select your display name. Then get started.
- A new page will appear, in there, click on start session and tap on add media.
- Now, you can paste any online video link that you want to watch with your friends. Post that tap on add to the session.
- As you do that, the media playback will start. Now, you have to share this stream with your friends on the other side. So, for this, you’ll have to click onto the Invite option from the Users window.
- Next, you’ll have to copy the media link and share the same with your friends. As your friends open this link, you’ll get an approval pop-up. In that, click on the green icon, and with that, your friends will be joined with you on the stream.
- You can also chat with your friends by clicking on the 3-dot icon. It will open the chatbox window. During the research for this article we spoke to a couple of users, with one comparing it to the provision of the best product management course. Users love sharing comments on the on-going scenes, getting feedback live.
- You can also add movies and shows in the queue by clicking onto the + button.
- You don’t have to open the Metastream’s portal manually. Whenever you play a video on any streaming platform, all you have to do is tap onto the extension on your browser and the media will automatically move to Metastream. This will allow you to share the stream with your friends with ease.
Netflix party is a great way to watch Netflix TV series and movies together with family and friends. The platform comes with a chatbox so you can talk together and seamless sync playback option. However, this also doesn’t have an audio chat or a webcam option.
In Netflix Party, to stream a movie or a show together, all the users must have a separate Netflix subscription to be a part of the party.
Steps to use Netflix Party
- Download the Chrome extension of Netflix Party.
- Next, you have to start Netflix and play your favourite show or movie. Following this, you can click on Netflix Party extension in the toolbar and tab onto Start Party menu. To restrict the playback control, you can check the “Only I have control” option.
- After this, a link will be generated. You can copy this link and share with your friends.
- On clicking the link, your friends and you will be in the same party. In this, no approval is required. It is easy to use, and you can pause, play, and fast forward the movie, and it will be in sync with your friends. There’s also a chat box in the right where you can add comments and talk to your friends.
In addition, the BBC has recently put out a system called “BBC Together”. This is an experimental system right now, but it allows you to watch BBC programmes together, even if you are apart. You may get asked to sign in to your BBC Account or create one.
Let us know if you’re using similar systems.