OK, so you’ve got your clever Nest Thermostat. It’s working great and saving you money, but it can do so much more when it’s hooked into other clever gadgets. One such system is the Myfox Home Alarm. It’ll tie in with the Nest Thermostat and the Nest Protect Smoke and Carbon Monoxide alarm to protect your home.
Getting an alarm for your home can be an expensive business, but the Myfox system is available for £249. An update for existing owners will be arriving soon, but the system works by letting you disarm your house alarm with a key fob. This, when integrated with your Nest system, can also turn your heating on. Likewise, when you leave home and automatically arm your alarm with the fob, it can set your heating to the “Away” mode so you’re not pumping out lots of unnecessary heat.
Through the integration with the Nest Protect system, the Myfox Home Alarm will illuminate a siren with smoke or CO is detected in the home. Everything can be installed by yourself (don’t forget to have a read of our Nest Thermostat review for details on that too) and it’ll protect your home for a relatively low cost. The Myfox system is available from stores such as Amazon, B&Q, Screwfix and Currys/PC World. If you integrate it with Nest you can also lower fuel bills by 15-30 %
Get further details below..
Myfox announces integration with Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Protect
Connected Home products work together to create a more thoughtful home
UK – 3 September 2015 – Myfox, a leader in smart home security solutions, today announces its connected home security product, the Myfox Home Alarm, now works with both the Nest Learning Thermostat™ and Nest Protect: Smoke and Carbon Monoxide™ alarm. The integration brings convenience, security and peace-of-mind to the connected home.
- Myfox is working with Nest to make it easy for users to protect their homes while keeping energy costs low.
- A free ‘Works with Nest’ update will be made available to all current Myfox Home Alarm users.
- The Myfox Home Alarm is currently available at select retailers for £249.
How they work together
- An integral part of the Myfox Home Alarm is its key fob that allows for hands-free disarming of the home alarm system when a user walks through the door. Through integration with the Nest Thermostat, the technology can also notify Nest of a user’s presence in the home, and inform the thermostat to go into Home mode when the system is disarmed or into away mode when the system is armed.
- Through integration with Nest Protect, the siren in the Myfox Home Alarm will illuminate when Nest Protect detects a smoke or CO emergency in the home.
- Myfox Home Alarm easily pairs with the Nest Thermostat and Nest Protect using the Myfox Security App via the Custom Settings item on the Home screen.
- The last 10 days of Nest Protect history will also appear in the activity feed in the Myfox Security App.
An ideal pair
“Our integration with Nest is a step towards fulfilling the promise of the truly connected home,” said Jean-Marc Prunet, CEO, Myfox. “As a forward-thinking company, we are dedicated to creating products that are future-proof, that easily fit into a user’s lifestyle and that seamlessly interact with other connected devices. Today’s announcement is just the beginning of great things to come as we will continue to push boundaries.”
Around 3 in 100 UK households fell victim to domestic burglary in the year ending March 2015 , but many homes still do not use any type of home security system for cost reasons, because the overall upkeep is too high or due to unwanted monthly maintenance payments.
Myfox provides an affordable and effective DIY solution for these customers. Now, by working together, Myfox and Nest can make it easier for users to protect their homes as well as save energy and money. In premises with a well-controlled thermostat system, heating fuel consumption is typically 15-30 per cent lower helping to reduce bills .
The Myfox Home Alarm includes the alarm, one IntelliTAG™ smart sensor, one key fob and a wireless link that connects it all and is available for £249. In addition, a free Works with Nest update will be made available to all current Myfox Home Alarm users, demonstrating the company’s commitment to its existing customers. Myfox products are available for sale at www.getmyfox.com and can also be found at selected retailers, including Amazon.co.uk, DIY.com, John Lewis, Screwfix, Currys/PC World, Harvey Norman.