Remember the good old Orange Wednesdays? If you were a customer of Orange (now EE), you simply sent out a text and received a code to get two seats in your local cinema for the price of one. Deal.
This was a very popular promotion for Orange customers and friends who …. ahem.. had the code forwarded to them. It was sadly missed when the service stopped earlier this year.
Well it appears that EE are now offering another viewing pleasure deal in what the company are naming “Film Club”. This will give all new and existing customers access to the latest blockbuster films and cinema classics every week for just £1 through Wuaki.tv, apparently Europe’s fastest growing video-on-demand streaming service.
The company launched their EE Film Club in response to changing customer behaviour. It found, in partnership with YouGov, that 1 in 3 UK adults are now downloading or streaming films and TV every week.
It will launch on 30th March and be available to customers on EE, Orange, T-Mobile and broadband plans via their connected devices. This includes smartphones, tablets, laptops, games consoles, Smart TVs and on EE TV via the app.
More information can be read in the press release below.
EE FILM CLUB LAUNCHES: A BLOCKBUSTER FILM EVERY WEEK FOR ALL CUSTOMERS FOR JUST £1
· New digital entertainment offer launching with Wuaki.tv – Europe’s fastest growing video-on-demand streaming service
· All EE, Orange and T-Mobile customers will have access to a £1 film rental every week from the latest blockbusters to a huge library of cinema classics
· The Wuaki.tv service is available on connected devices including smartphones, tablets, laptops, games consoles, Smart TVs and via the app on EE TV
· New reward launched in response to changing customer behaviour with 1 in 3 UK adults now downloading or streaming films and TV every week
London: Wednesday 18 March 2015 – EE, the UK’s most advanced digital communications company, has announced that all new and existing customers – on EE, Orange, T-Mobile and broadband plans – will have access to a blockbuster film rental every week for just £1 with leading digital entertainment streaming serviceWuaki.tv. EE Film Club launches on March 30th and forms part of EE’s commitment to put its customers first and become number one for service. Customers will be able to choose from a wide range of films – including new releases – via the Wuaki.tv app and desktop platform across all compatible devices1.
YouGov research, commissioned by EE, shows that the appetite for digital entertainment is growing:
· A third of UK adults who watch films have downloaded or streamed content in the last week
· Over 50 per cent download or stream films and TV every month
· 50 per cent of those streaming digital entertainment content cite ease and convenience as the main reason for choosing to do so – alongside the fact that it offers more control around what the viewer chooses to watch and when they watch it
Pippa Dunn, Chief Marketing Officer at EE, said: “More people than ever before are downloading and streaming movies so they can watch at home or on the go. With 1 in 3 UK adults enjoying digital entertainment every week – and this number is only going to grow – our viewing habits are clearly evolving. This reaffirms our commitment to put customers first as we deliver a series of new offers in 2015. The new weekly £1 film offer launches at the end of March and is set to be a box office hit with our customers.”
Wuaki.tv is Europe’s fastest growing digital entertainment streaming service offering all the latest Film & TV releases every week as well as a huge collection of classic movies and TV shows. It is available as an app and desktop service across a number of connected devices – including smartphones, tablets, games consoles and smart TVs – and users can easily watch mobile content on their main TV via a connected streaming device such as the newly launched EE TV box.
New releases2, HD films, blockbusters and classic movie rentals are all included in the weekly EE customer offer.
Customers can take advantage of the EE £1 film offer each week from March 30th by texting ‘film’ to 141 to receive a promotional code which can be redeemed Monday to Wednesday at the Wuaki.tv check out. Texts cost 35p and users have 48 hours from redemption to watch their film rental.
Vincent Petersen, UK Country Director at Wuaki.tv, said: “Wuaki.tv launched in the UK less than two years ago and we have already seen phenomenal growth in our customer base as mobile device streaming soars. We know that almost a third of our customers already stream their movies to mobile and tablet devices highlighting that EE and Wuaki.tv are perfect partners.”