Well here we have my first Intel powered Android device, in the form of the brand New Lenovo Tab S8. I picked this little beauty up in PC World for £149.99. It pretty much went on sale a few days ago. The device is so new they were not really able to give me any info on it. Good thing it has been one I have keeping an eye on since it was announced by Lenovo at IFA in Berlin back in September.
What we have here is a very light tablet with some pretty cool specs for the price. Here they are below.
- Display: 8.0 inch, IPS LCD, 1200 x 1920 pixels, 283 ppi.
- Processor: Intel Atom Z3745 CPU Quad-core 1.86 GHz.
- Internal Memory: 16 GB.
- RAM: 2 GB.
- Micro SD up to 32 GB.
- Dolby Digital Plus sound enhancement.
- Bluetooth v4.0.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4290 mAh.
- GPS with A-GPS.
- Rear Camera: 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash.
- Front Camera: 1.6 MP, 720p.
- Android 4.4.2.
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n.
- Dimensions: 209.8 x 123.8 x 7.9 mm (8.26 x 4.87 x 0.31 in).
Here is the unboxing video below:
So I am pretty pleased with my purchase here guys, I will have some review material up in the next week or so but until then check out the other content from James Pearce as he is currently reviewing the Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 and the Tesco Hudl 2 both of which use the same chipset.
Interesting times ahead.