The latest Lumia flagship – the Lumia 930 – will arrive in the UK for sale on the 17th July, just 10 days away from today.
The Lumia 930 is an amazing device packed with some great technology such as a 20 megapixel Carl Zeiss camera using PureView technology for superb photos in all light conditions. There’s also built-in wireless charging, so no need for extra cases. The device also features a 5″ 1080p screen and video recording is 1080p with 5.1 Surround Sound, so you get the best in audio too.
Of course this would not be a Lumia if you did not have a range of different colours, so as well as the more traditional black and white options, you also get a rather bright orange and a green version so you can show off your playful side. It’s powered by a 2.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core CPU and has a 2420 mAh battery, 1.2 megapixel wide-angle front shooter, 2GB RAM, 32GB internal memory and 7GB free OneDrive cloud storage.
Another great thing with the 930 is it comes preloaded with the latest version of the Windows Phone OS – version 8.1. This has a whole range of new services and features, such as the option for more tiles, a notification centre and Cortana – the clever voice assistant.
There really is so much to cover with the Lumia 930 which we will bring to you in a full review as soon as possible, until then, here’s the full press release below.
Lumia 930 available in the UK from July 17th
The latest Lumia beautifully integrates the best of Microsoft and Lumia services
With the latest 8.1 software and the best of Microsoft and Lumia services, the Lumia 930 delivers an unrivalled user experience and the ultimate in video and imaging smartphone capability, all from only £33 per month on contract.
The Lumia 930 packs a rich suite of differentiating applications and services into a beautifully crafted design featuring metallic details and vibrant new colours. All this is achieved while still keeping content like photos, videos and documents in sync using the free OneDrive cloud service across Windows Phone, PC, tablet, Xbox and other connected devices.
The crystal clear 5-inch OLED display lets you watch in full HD and your favourite shows, movies or video clips are viewable in any light conditions as the device uses PureBlack screen technology. Equipped with a high capacity 2420 mAh battery and built-in wireless charging, there is little need to worry about running out of battery.
- The class-leading 20MP PureView camera with optical image stabilisation and high quality ZEISS optics ensures that capturing and reliving amazing images and videos is quick and easy.
- The enhanced Nokia Camera app with Living Images makes it easy to add movement and emotion to static pictures and the addition of other free imaging apps such as Nokia Storyteller, Nokia Creative Studio and Nokia Refocus lets you bring even more levels of creativity to any picture.
- With four high-performance microphones and Rich Recording, the Lumia 930 captures HD video like never before, with incredible directional audio and support for 5:1 surround sound capture and playback.
- A 2.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor ensures that experiences such as Xbox gaming, image capturing and video processing, are faster, smoother and richer than ever before.
- SensorCore technology brings low power motion sensing, helping you track your activities all day long with minimal power use – perfect for apps such as Bing Health and Fitness and external wearable monitors.
- Integrated features including single swipe notifications in the Action Centre, the new Microsoft Enterprise feature pack, Microsoft Office, OneDrive, Nokia Camera, and HERE Maps and Drive+, all work seamlessly to make the Lumia 930 a great tool for productivity, work and play.
“We live in a world that is becoming even more social and where sharing and capturing moments has never been so important,” said Conor Pierce, VP of Microsoft Devices for the UK & Ireland. “The Lumia 930 is the perfect blend of design, colour and Microsoft Lumia services, delivering cutting-edge technology to create an unrivalled video and imaging smartphone experience that are instantly shareable.”
Wireless charging functionality together with a wireless charger will come as standard in the sales pack of the Lumia 930. In addition, Microsoft will run an exciting promotional offer – from the 17th until the 31st July all Lumia 930’s purchased from participating retailers will include a free additional wireless charger, the outstanding MD-12 speaker plus a voucher for £20 of free apps from the Windows store. Altogether, this promotional offer is worth around £130 RRP.
The Lumia 930 will go on sale with UK retailers from the 17th of July and will be available from Vodafone, EE, Phones4U, O2, Carphone Warehouse, Tesco and Amazon. It will also be widely available across other UK High Street and online retailers in a range of vibrant colours including bright orange, bright green and black. Phones4U will stock the Lumia 930 exclusively in white.
Tech specs summary:
|Operating System||Windows Phone 8.1|
|HERE location services||Free global HERE Maps and HERE Drive+;Free HERE Transit available in the Store|
|Display||5” Full HD OLED, 1920×1080; 441ppi; 16:9; Sculpted Gorilla Glass 3; 3 column home screen, Sunlight Readability, Super Sensitive Touch for glove and nail usage|
|Battery||2420 mAh battery, integrated wireless charging|
|Processor||2.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor|
|Main Camera||PureView 20 MP with Optical Image Stabilization, Resolution: 1920×1080. Includes Nokia Camera. Dual LED flash, ZEISS optics|
|Front Facing Camera||HD 1.2 MP wide angle|
|Memory||2 GB RAM, 32 GB internal memory; 7 GB free OneDrive cloud storage|