Don’t fancy spending too much on a smartphone? If Windows Phone tickles your fancy then the Lumia 630 will be right up your street.
In a press announcement from Microsoft Devices (that only mentions the word “Nokia” twice) it’s revealed that the handset will only cost £89.95 and will be available from May 29th in Tesco, Amazon, EE, O2 and Carphone Warehouse. You can choose from bright orange, yellow, green, white and black.
If you’d like to see the phone “in the flesh” then it’s definitely worth checking out our hands-on video from the Gadget Show last month.
The Lumia 630 features a 4.3” WVGA display, 8GB internal storage and a microSD card slot. There’s also a 1830mAh battery for a pretty decent operating time and 1GB
RAM. It’s powered by a dual-core 1.7GHz CPU and has an 8MP camera.
Press details below. Expect to see the “Microsoft Devices Lumia 930″ in stores next Thursday. It’s the one with a small Nokia logo on the front.
The new Lumia 630 will become available in the UK on 29th May 2014.
The most affordable Lumia smartphone to date delivers an unrivalled smartphone experience, boasting a quad-core processor and large screen at an exceptional price point of only £89.95. The Lumia 630 also features the award-winning design and experiences found on high -end Lumia smartphones and the highly praised, yet simple to customise, interface offered by Windows Phone 8.1. Its many other benefits also include:
· A quad-core Snapdragon processor to deliver a lightning fast experience with Word Flow, Internet Explorer and social apps like WhatsApp, WeChat and Instagram.
· The Lumia 630 showcases a new matte polycarbonate design with changeable shells available in a range of fashionable and bold new colors.
· Better entertainment with Xbox games, free music streaming and unique picture applications like Storyteller which really come to life on the 4.5” screen. The ClearBack screen offers great viewing angles and visibility – even in bright conditions.
· Simple features make the phone a joy to use, for example, just one swipe will show notifications from email, social apps, texts and calls. There is also the new Microsoft Enterprise feature pack, Microsoft Office, OneDrive, Camera, and HERE Maps and Drive+, all of which work seamlessly to make the Lumia 630 a great tool for both the boardroom and the lounge.
· New SensorCore technology also brings low power motion sensing to accessories to help people track their activity – perfect for exercise and exploration using apps like Bing Health and Fitness.
· A large 1830mAh battery means the Lumia 630 can keep up with you all day.
· A wealth of storage is available, with memory expandable by up to 128GB via memory card, supporting easy saving and the ability to switch locations where you keep your pictures, videos, music, maps and apps.
Conor Pierce, VP of Microsoft Devices for the UK & Ireland states: “The Nokia Lumia 630 offers great apps and high end technology which all run seamlessly under the beautiful Windows phone 8.1 interface. This is a great product for our customers, providing a premium experience at an affordable price point. In our opinion, this is the best smartphone in its price range on the market today.”
Also available is a new colorful and unique Bluetooth Mini Speaker – the MD-12, a small product that delivers a mighty punch. It connects wirelessly, plays for up to 15 hours and can transform almost any surface to deliver big-sounding bass. It’s the perfect accessory to help people get the most from the free music streaming app MixRadio and videos and games sound awesome! It can even function as a convenient speaker phone for meetings.
The Lumia 630 goes on sale in the UK with Carphone Warehouse, EE, O2, Tesco and Amazon from £89.95. The Lumia 630 will be available in a range of colours including bright orange, bright yellow, bright green, white and black