The rather good and much loved Despicable Me and Despicable Me 2 has spawned the inevitable spin off merchandise and of course mobile games.
Despicable Me: Minion rush is one such game, an endless runner in 3D that is already a massive hit on Android and iOS and is now available on Windows Phone.
The concept is simple, swipe left or right to move in said direction all the while collecting bananas and staying on balance.
As would be expected, the graphics are well polished and look great with the game being suitable for all ages.
The Windows Phone store description is as follows:
Gru’s loyal yellow gibberish-speaking Minions are ready for their toughest challenge in Despicable Me: Minion Rush.
Play as a Minion and compete with others in hilarious, fast-paced challenges in order to impress your boss, (former?) super-villain Gru!
ALL THE HEART AND HUMOUR OF DESPICABLE ME
• Enjoy unpredictably hilarious Minion moments
• Perform despicable acts through hundreds of missions
• Run through iconic locations, which are full of surprises, secrets and tricky obstacles: Gru’s Lab, Gru’s Residential Area, and El Macho’s Lair!
• Customize your Minion with unique costumes, weapons, and power-ups • Battle Vector and an all-new villain exclusively created for the game AN INNOVATIVE AND ORIGINAL GAME
• Encounter secret areas, unique boss fights and amazing power-ups
• Experience custom animation, voiceovers, and state-of-the-art 3D graphics
• Enjoy multiple dynamic camera angles
• Engage in various bonus gameplay modes: → Destroy things as Mega Minion → Collect bananas while riding the Fluffy Unicorn → Hang on to Gru’s Rocket for the ride of your life
• Have fun with your friends! See their best scores during your run, and send them funny Minion taunts and challenges to show them who’s going to win Minion of the Year!
Despicable Me: Minion Rush is free to download (in app purchases also available) from the Windows Phone store