I’m stuck! What do I do?! Help!
It’s a common scenario. Tablets are now all over the place and even your Grandparents have one. It’s a support nightmare, and as the family “IT guy”, you’ll be getting calls to fix “the tablet thingy” for years to come.
Amazon have a solution inside their new Kindle Fire HDX. It’s a little person.
No, not one of those little Lego characters, this is a virtual on-demand connection to an Amazon support person. If an owner is having trouble with their device, they just hit a button and a helper will appear. That button isn’t “Help” or “I’m a bit stuck”. It’s a button marked…..
If you whack the Mayday button a tech advisor will pop on the screen. The advisor is available 24/7, 365 and you can see them right there, on the screen. Don’t worry, they won’t be able to see you sitting there in your Christmas onesie though. The Amazon expert can guide you through a feature and can even draw on your screen to help.
The best bit? It’s free!
Now, I’ll be honest. I’ve had a bit of experience calling Amazon customer support after buying a Kindle Fire HD for a relative. I’ve got to admit, they were really rather good. So, if you’re looking for a gift idea this year and are worried that your friend or relative will be constantly ringing you for “Tech Support”, this could be your solution.
The Mayday Button Now Available in the UK
The Mayday button on the new Kindle Fire HDX brings your own personal tech advisor directly to your sofa or desk
Free, 24/7, 365 days a year
Luxembourg — 16 October — Amazon today announced that the Mayday button — which extends Amazon’s world-class customer service to live, on-device tech support — is now available in the UK. The Mayday button is available exclusively on the new Kindle Fire HDX tablets, available for pre-order at: www.amazon.co.uk/hdx.
“With the Mayday button, our goal is to revolutionize tech support,” said Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com Founder and CEO. “With a single tap, an Amazon expert will appear on your Fire HDX and can co-pilot you through any feature by drawing on your screen, walking you through how to do something yourself, or doing it for you — whatever works best. Mayday is available 24/7, 365 days a year, and it’s free. See it for yourself — preview our upcoming TV adverts: www.amazon.com/maydaytv.”
Details of the Mayday button:
– It’s free.
– Available 24/7, 365 days a year.
– 15 seconds or less is the Mayday response time goal.
– You can see the tech advisor, they can’t see you.
– Simple and deeply integrated — the Mayday button lives in the Quick Settings menu, one tap away.
Some customers got a sneak peek — here’s what they had to say:
– “It’s so easy, you just press connect and boom you get hooked right up with a representative. I’ve never had a customer experience be so painless and so easy to do. I’ve never had an experience like this before. I wish all customer service experiences could be like that.” –Travis
– “With the agent on the video feed, it’s like having a teacher right in front of you. It makes a big difference.” – Ron
– “That was smooth and comfortable rather than calling on the phone or typing something in. I really was impressed with how well that went. I remember setting up my first e-mail account and always having to call friends or tech support and it would take so much longer, where this was comfortable and directed me to the right place immediately.” – Pete
– “[This] is more personable…it is nice to see his face, for him to actually be there talking to you one-on-one, it seems like you are getting personal treatment.” – Rose
– “I really hate when you have to talk to a computer for like 10 minutes before you get to a human being. So the fact that you just click and there’s a human being is much preferable.” – Nicole
– “The fact that he [Tech Advisor] can control the screen made the process very simple and I wasn’t struggling to find what he was talking about. The one-on-one experience is very positive!” – Tracy
The Mayday button is available exclusively on the new Fire HDX tablets — read the press release: www.amazon.co.uk/pr.