With the success of the Galaxy S4, selling 10 million units since launch, Samsung didn’t really need to do much else but rather than rest on their laurels they are going after the tough phone market as well with the S4 Active. Whilst pictures of it leaked last week there was still some debate over the actual specs of the device but they seem to have leaked now and they are as impressive as the S4.
- Quad core Snapdragon 600 CPU
- Adreno 320 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal memory plus microSD card slot
- LTE support
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS
- 2600 mAh battery
- 5″ Full HD super AMOLED screen
With specs like this and IP resistance one of the key USPs of the Sony Xperia Z looks to be under threat.
The IP57 rated S4 active has an 8MP camera according to FCC certification.
Also in Samsung’s back pocket is the Galaxy Zoom which looks to be the first phone to hit the UK with a full optical zoom for quite some time. The specs for this aren’t top of the range until you get to the camera.
- Dual core 1.6GHz processor
- 4.3″ super AMOLED screen 960×540
- 8GB internal memory plus microSD slot
- Android Jelly Bean
- 1.9 megapixel forward facing camera
- 16 megapixel rear camera with 10x optical zoom
Whether these are correct remains to be seen but with Samsung having a conference on the 20th June there isn’t long to wait. I certainly can’t wait to see what the photos from the Zoom look like and how they stack up against the Pureview 808.
Source: Hi tech mail (in Russian)
Via: Android Authority