Once again another Dual SIM phone appears on the market and my imagination runs riot. The prospect of not having to carry two phones around all day gets my temperature racing. The fact it is made by Acer also means it will probably be well made, in the past I’ve had my hands on a few Acer phones and they’ve all impressed me, albeit with a few issues somewhere along the line.
This phone seems to be an updated version of the Acer Liquid Gallant Duo, with a better design, updated specs and a few new features from the Acer Cloud Mobile such as the zero lag camera shutter and the fancy looking speaker grilles. For me the main selling point will be the dual-SIM functionality, with the Liquid Gallant Duo I was really impressed how the software handled two SIM cards.
The Liquid E1 features something called “unique Float Caller notification” which is designed to ensure that users will not be interrupted by incoming calls or messages by taking over the full screen while using apps or watching videos. A Float Caller notification window pops up and lets users take calls or reply with quick messages. Whether or not this will be of any use remains to be seen. Liquid E1 also features an impressive dual-speaker system and DTS Soun for enhanced audio with volume maximization, so users can freely enjoy music stored locally or streamed from their PC through AcerCloud. The zero shutter delay camera captures images momentarily and snaps fast-action sequences with 4-, 8- and 16-burst shooting.
The spec is pretty basic which I guess is going to be the main source of problems for the Liquid E1.
- System: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Processor: 1 GHz / Dual Core
- Memory: Internal: 4 GB / RAM: 1 GB / Slot type: microSD / Max. slot capacity: 32 GB
- Display: 4.5″ / IPS / Resolution: 960×540 pixels / 245 PPI
- Camera: 5 Mpixels / Autofocus, zero shutter delay / Flash: LED / Video: 720p / Front: 0.3 Mpixel
- Network: 3G: 900/2100 MHz / GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Wireless: Bluetooth: 3.0 / Wifi: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- Connections: Audio Jack 3.5 mm / micro USB
- Sensors: Digital compass, Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer
- Dual SIM
- Battery: 1760mAh
- Battery life: Standby time: up to 400 Hours / Talk time: up to 8 hours
- Weight: 130 g
- Dimensions: 132 x 68.5 x 9.9 mm
So if you fancy one head over to the link below, you can currently get the Liquid E1 for £164.99 including VAT and delivery.
Source – Expansys