The big announcement for Sony this year at MWC is in the form of the Xperia Z Tablet, a tablet which looks very much the same design language as seen on the Xperia Z flagship phone.
It is clear that Sony want to create a top end suite of Z products under the Xperia brand and with the handset and the tablet being the start they have certainly got off to a great start.
Specifications of the tablet include
- 10.1” Full HD 1920x1200p Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- The world’s thinnest 10.1” tablet at 6.9 mm* and lightweight at 495 grams
- Dust and water resistant (IP55 & IP57) with a durable glass front display
- Built-in universal IR remote control can control Sony and other manufacturers’ consumer electronic devices
- Snapdragon S4 Pro processor with 1.5 GHz asynchronous quad-core CPU and 2 GB RAM
- One-Touch connectivity with Near Field Communication (NFC)
- A unique OmniBalance design with subtly rounded edges and smooth reflective surfaces
- 8 MP rear camera featuring Exmor R for Mobile and Superior Auto plus 2MP HD front camera
- Battery STAMINA mode further improves the standby time
- S-Force Front Surround 3D provides realistic surround sound using two speakers
We just managed to get some hands on time to show you around this very sleek and very light new tablet from Sony
Sony also like showing off their water resistant feature of the Z and have it in a glass box with a button that dunks it into water and then back over again. And yes you can keep pressing it time after time to keep dunking it over and over
Enjoy……. I did!