Zune is gone. Microsoft decided to re-invent the wheel, the other week they released a Windows 8 and Windows RT app to sync your new Windows Phone 8 devices with and they’ve now released a version for Windows 7. Confused yet?
The program offers the following functionality:
The Windows Phone app for Windows desktop makes it easy to:
• Sync music, photos, movies, TV shows, and podcasts from your existing Apple iTunes library or your Windows Libraries to your Windows Phone 8.*
• Automatically import pictures and videos you’ve taken with your phone to your PC.
• See at a glance how much space you’re using for each type of content, so it’s easy to make sure you never run out of room on your phone.
• Find songs that will work as ringtones and add them to your phone.
* Some protected (DRM) media files can’t be copied between your PC and your Windows Phone.
So if you have a new phone and a not so new computer then you’ll need this program.