The ZTE Blade is one of those devices that were hugely popular. No thanks to a cheap price, superb hardware (at the time) and a huge custom rom community. Ever since people have been waiting to see what the next super cheap and hackable phone would be. The ZTE Blade II sort of appeared as the Vivacity and other variants and was hampered by the aging CPU and compatibility with some big name apps. Recently the Huawei Ascend G300 has worn the crown for cheap and hackable.
Finnish retailer verkkokauppa have posted a pre-order type page showing the ZTE Blade III and I have to say it does like quite nice. Especially the white parts.
During MWC ZTE announced a big old pile of devices and this certainly looks like the ZTE N910 (pictured below) that we covered here and ZTE released the info for here. So it looks like they have come up with a white version of it and are planning on calling the Blade III.
Spec wise verkkokauppa have it pretty much as ZTE announced months ago, here are the specs:
- GSM frequency: 900/1800/1900MHz
- 3G frequencies: 900/2100MHz
- Processor: 1 GHz Snapdragon Qualcomm MSM7227A
- Operating system: Google Android OS v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Display: 3.5 “TFT capacitive touchscreen, 56K colors, 480×800 resolution
- Camera: 5.0 mpxl (2592×1944), autofocus, LED flash, Geo-Tagging of spatial data storage, video, video call camera
- Ringtones: MP3, Polyphonic, WAV
- Memory: 200 MB internal flash memory, 512 MB RAM, microSD memory card slot (SDHC support)
- Connectivity: GPRS, EDGE, 3G, HSDPA (7.2 Mbps), HSUPA, WLAN (b / g / n, hotspot), Bluetooth v2.1 (with A2DP stereo Bluetooth support), microUSB v2.0
- Other: Built-in GPS receiver, Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Google Calendar, Google Talk, stereo FM radio (RDS)
- Battery: Li-Ion
- Dimensions: 115.1 x 57.9 throughout x 10.9 mm
- Weight: 113 g
- Price €199.90
The CPU and the internal memory mean that it will definitely will be a budget device, probably to compete with the Motoluxe, Galaxy Ace, Acer Liquid Glow type range. Hopefully ZTE will reveal all soon. We have asked the nice ZTE PR people a few questions about it, if they respond we will let you know.