The Google Search bar is quite useful. The system wide searching quite often comes in handy for searching for things. But now and again I want to search for something on Wikipedia or YouTube and I’m left browsing to the app or website and then trying to find the search option. This app certainly helps me out in these situations. I can create two or three widgets for specific searches and change them as I need. It’s a free app with an advert at the bottom so it’s not too obtrusive.
Here is what the developer has to about their app.
“A fast web search Widget.
Quick Search is a fast and lightweight web search App. It works with various Internet websites to provide fast shortcuts to them, and it includes a Widget for your Home Screen.
• Google search
• Yahoo search
• Wikipedia search
• Weather Forecast search
• Search Google Play (Android Market)
• Search Google News (all languages/countries)
• YouTube search
• DailyMotion search (all 28 countries supported)
• Amazon search (all 9 countries supported)
• eBay search (14 countries supported)
• For Latin-American users: Search MercadoLibre/MercadoLivre (7 countries supported)
• For Korean users: Search Naver (네이버), Nate (네이트) and Daum (다음)
• For Russian users: Search Yandex (Яндекс)
• Add multiple Widgets to your Home Screen, and customize each one as you want.
• Many different languages and countries are supported, even for the Widget and Weather. You can easily change the language/country settings within the app, and the Search Engines will adapt.”
Play Store Link – Quick Search