A couple of weeks ago we reported on a possible case of an exploding Samsung Galaxy SIII. It had been claimed by a user in Ireland that his S3 exploded whilst on his in-car charger.
The energy source responsible for generating the heat has determined to be external to the device. The device was not responsible for the fire.
Also included is the following post taken from Boards.ie. It looks like it was perhaps “in his best interests” to post something. Perhaps there was some “gentle persuasion” going on here.. :)
I would like to retract my original statement. The damage to the phone was caused by another person although they were attempting to recover the phone from water this later caused the damage shown on the phone. It occured due to a large amount of external energy and there was no fault with the phone. This was not a deliberate act but a stupid mistake. I am unable to comment further.
So basically, the handset was dropped into a bucket of water and then microwaved in order to dry it out. Super fail. I think this guy needs more than just a replacement phone.
There are a couple of lessons to be learned here, firstly, don’t drop your phone in water and think a microwave will sort it and secondly, don’t try and fool the world into thinking you have a spontaneously combusting phone – you will get found out!!!
Editors note.. Where the heck do you start with the microwave muppet?
The phone gets wet so you decide to what? Boil the water in the phone? Oh, and let’s not forget the metal components in the phone too. Everyone knows that metal and microwaves don’t usually mix.. right? Then, after leaping through several hoops of stupidity, you go and tell the world and his dog about it ?! Epic, monumental, fail.