Finally the day has come. Cyanogenmod 9 for the HP TouchPad has been released.
Ever since the TouchPad was released people have been saying “I can’t wait for Ice Cream sandwich”. Well now is your chance to brick your TouchPad once again.
The Gingerbread rom was great. It was a great moment booting my TouchPad into Android for the first time. Hopefully the feeling will be similar this time.
The only slight complication is there is an update for webOS available as well. So you may want to totally wipe your device, install the webOS updates and then use the AcmeInstaller to flash the new version of Cyanogenmod. It’s up to you of course. If this means nothing to you and you want to hack your TouchPad I would do a LOT of research first.
There are a few things still not working in the rom. Here is what the developer has posted in the thread.
FORGET WHAT WORKS. WHAT *DOESN’T* WORK?
Yeah, let’s focus on the negative. Some (but not all) things that DO NOT WORK:
- Hardware Video (OMX). As a result, Netflix does not work, YouTube works only only in non-HD videos.
- Audio is a mess. The microphone does not work. Work on the current libaudio solution has halted because we will eventually switch to a CAF libaudio.
- Camera does not work. The only libcamera.so that we have is from froyo and its closed source. There is a wrapper for QCOM gingerbread libcamera libraries that could likely be used as a basis to get our camera working.
- Market filters prevent some apps from being installed (this can partly solved by switching back to standard DPI settings(120, 160, 240). The current build is using 160 which fixes the market but makes everything look ugly and low resolution.
- Titanium Backup crashes the kernel. There’s an investigation in progress…There are reports that older versions do work.
- Most of the hardware problems from CM7 still exist in this CM9 alpha build.
- Gapps intended for CM7/Gingerbread will not work in CM9/ICS. If you choose to install GAPPS then you’ll need to get an updated compilation
- USB file transfers use MTP or PTP in Ice Cream Sandwich and Honeycomb. Traditional storage mounting is not supported in the Touchpad build.
Here is the link to the rootzwiki thread. As you can see quite a bit doesn’t work. I am probably going to wait for the next release before I go for this. Phil one of our writers no doubt has already flashed this and will probably bring us a write up soon. (no pressure Phil)
Have fun people. Be safe. Remember read all of the instructions and ask questions if you don’t know what to do. Lastly if you break your TouchPad IT IS NOT MY FAULT.
Source – Rootzwiki