Playscreen have just released a new game for the iPhone. It is called Playscreen Poker and it is a free poker game that has various social elements. To be honest here I don’t play poker and I don’t do social so I can’t really comment on how good it is at either. Anyway here is the press release for it and below that the official trailer. Hopefully we will have a full review up soon.
BALTIMORE, Dec. 7, 2011 — Baltimore-based social gaming pioneer PlayScreen, LLC. is pleased to announce the launch of PlayScreen Poker, a free-to-play iOS app that unites the worlds of social gaming and online poker.
Online poker pioneer Sherri Cuono, who helped launch one of the first online poker games in the 1990s has directed a top-notch development team to create PlayScreen Poker. Now, poker players of all levels can play the best poker game featuring outstanding user interfaces, incredible art and excellent social features.
PlayScreen Poker is more than just an online, play-for-fun poker game. PlayScreen has added the social gaming aspects of achievements, skills and virtual objects. Players can manage their careers in PlayScreen Poker just as professional poker players do. The first release will employ the new Retina Display for the iPhone (iPad, Web and Android versions are in development and will follow shortly). The game provides the best playing experience, incredible graphics and the ability to play anywhere, anytime … even without a connection. PlayScreen Poker employs Facebook Connect and Apple Game Center, enabling players to log on with their Facebook and/or Game Center accounts and play against their friends.
Cuono has been heavily involved in every aspect of game development, from the look and feel, to its functionality.
“I love poker. I love everything about it. It’s the greatest game in the world. That’s why I wanted to help create a game that can bring poker to players everywhere, from the casual gamer to the serious poker enthusiast,” Cuono stated.
“The best way to get better at poker is to play it often and challenge yourself to improve. PlayScreen Poker is going to give you the opportunity to do just that,” added PlayScreen CEO John Byrne.
Features and Facts
- Play anytime, anywhere. Even without cell or Internet connection, users can play in Practice Mode
- Play live against players from around the world
- Invite your Facebook and/or Game Center friends to a table, with up to nine players at a time
- Career features allow you to chase your dream of becoming the world’s best poker player
- Social features allow you to invite friends, create groups and share your achievements.
- Connect to friends via Twitter, Facebook, email and text messages.
- Start from the bottom and work your way up to a world-class, luxurious lifestyle
- Track your poker achievements throughout your career
- In-depth stats with detailed charts and analysis help you improve your poker skills
- Access in-game poker tips that can help you along the way, communicating different strategies and what to look for to help you improve your ability
- Acquire chips via play, achievements and other opportunities
- All players are given $20,000 in chips to start with
- Free chips given to players on a daily basis
And as promised here is the video. I also should that Playscreen Poker is available for free soon on the Apple App Store.