mPack helps make your Smartphone complete. Sure, the built-in software can do Calendar, Contacts, a little task tracking, and basic calculations, but what about all the other great things your Smartphone could do for you? What about taking quick notes? Timing your daily jog? Reading a classic book? Calculating a tip and splitting the check among all the people at the table? Figuring out how much a mortgage will cost each month while you’re visiting the property? And wouldn’t it be nice if you could get a little advice from an Inscrutable Oracle as often as you need it?
GREAT FUNCTIONALITY: 11 components covering a wide range of useful functionality and fun.
TINY & FAST: mPack takes up less than 100KB of storage – less than many individual Smartphone utilities from other companies. Components launch quickly and save your settings so that you can pick up right where you left off.
CLUTTER-FREE: mPack is a single application, so it won’t spam your Programs/Start menu with a slew of entries.
DESIGNED FOR SMARTPHONE: Many current Smartphone applications are simply ports of desktop PC or Pocket PC programs. mPack was designed from the very beginning to be a Smartphone product.
EASY INSTALLATION AND UPGRADES: With a single install, you get all of the mPack components. When a new version is released, a single download and install ensures that all components are updated to the latest versions. This means you have only one product to keep track of, rather than a dozen separate utilities all updated at different times!
Download the mPack beta, and let us know what you think!
- The main screen first displays a list of categories. Within each category, you can launch individual components
- Components are not fully loaded until you activate them, saving memory and boosting performance
- Enter the check total, tip percentage, and the number of people – TipCalc does the rest.
- Supports Euro currency symbol (€) when selected in Smartphone’s Regional Settings.
- A unique mPack component, QuickCalc lets you easily do complex calculations with many steps.
- Supports + – * / pow +/- 1/x and sqrt operators
- Left/right arrow buttons switch the operator for the current line – simply flip to the one you want
- Calculation is cumulative for the entire column
- All settings are saved – come back later and change any number or operator and the entire column is instantly recalculated
- Answers in scientific notation when necessary
|Loans & Savings|
- Three different calculations:
– Monthly loan payment
– Maximum loan
– Savings growth
- Calculations saved for future use
- Use left soft button to pick any of 9 notes with just two button presses (Left soft button + note number)
- Notes, are automatically saved – no need to name them – just type away
- Send the current note via email
We didn’t think reading books on a Smartphone’s small screen would be possible. We were pleasantly surprised!
- Finds all .txt files including those on a storage card (excluding system folders)
- Automatically reformats text files, including those with non-standard line breaks
- Percentage of book completed shown in titlebar
- Fast paging performance
- Most recently used book and page are automatically restored each time QuickReader is launched
- Find thousands of free classic books at sites like Project Gutenberg, or use your own text files
- Two modes – stopwatch & countdown timer
- Stopwatch tracks up to 99 individual laps including time for each individual lap as well as elapsed time when each lap was completed
- If your phone supports an accurate high resolution clock, displays hundredths of a second
- When stopwatch is not visible, goes into low power mode to conserve battery, but immediately updates and continues when visible again. Stopwatch applications without this feature can devastate battery life.
- Press Toss soft button – Heads or Tails appears
- Shows history of tosses
- Ask your question, and get an answer from the Inscrutable Oracle
- No need to travel to a distant mountaintop to gain wisdom of the ages
- Advice is timely, incisive, and delivered with panache
- Use left/right buttons to change colors (white for maximum light, red to preserve night vision, etc)
- On/Off switch to block/show the light
- Shows all currently running applications
- Close applications to free memory and improve performance
- Kill applications that are hung and will not close normally
- Switch to any application in the list
- Displays free program memory so you can see how much memory is released when each app is closed
|Power & Memory|
- Power and charging status for main battery
- Main battery voltage and temperature (not accurate on all Smartphones)
- Backup battery status
- Displays memory information for:
RAM (program memory)
Temp (temporary memory used by programs)
Flash (storage memory)
Card# (storage cards inserted in the phone)
- NOTE: Not all information is displayed on all Smartphones, depending on manufacturer support.
For answers to commonly asked questions, consult the mPack FAQ, or download it here.